Sunday, December 17, 2006

sometimes you just wanna know.

wow, this weekend was rather exciting.

i judged the JV/novi state. (SERIOUSLY--they let me judge semis AND finals. whaaa? a high schooler???) i'm hoping i'll get good money. not certain on that.

aside from that, many many folk have been hearing back from colleges.

many folk minus andrew kubas. i have yet to hear back from my colleges of interest...which kind of bothers me. i've been leaning towards the U lately...

...and i was talking with linda. (i applied to CLA) she said that CLA has been full for awhile now. and (i guess she wasn't supposed to tell me...so let's keep this on the DL) but someone in the top 20 of our class with a 3.941 GPA and a 29 on the ACT was waitlisted from CLA...all of those are better than a young mr. andrew kubas...

...but she said that my extracurriculars were pretty pimp. AND that CLA has been sending out rejections/waitlists this entire week...and that if i didn't get one it was probably a (fingers crossed) good sign. for those who don't know me, i've never been nervous in my life. for anything. so i'm not really bothered at all by the U, i think i'm to the point where i just wanna know.

now to the FUN PART of this post: it's assignment mustache time!

i need a LOT of help from our mustache faithful. i've searched extensively through wal-mart and target (what i assumed would be my 2 best options...) but i am in need of the following:

a christmas ornament...of a PUMPKIN. yes, that's right, you know those orange things that pop up all over during october...well i need a fake plastic one that comes in a small box and has a circular thing to put a hook through so you can place it on a tree.

where, per se, does one find this? PLEASE help me. if you run across one, you should buy it. and i'll reimburse you in full. maybe double. i kind of need it soon...many mustache blessings to whoever can find this/give me the name of a store.

mustache out!

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

"top 20 of our class with a 3.941 GPA and a 29 on the ACT"

I'm pretty sure 3.941 isn't top 20 because i'm at 3.97 and i'm 39th.

 
At 10:13 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

But yeah, good luck with your U application.

 
At 10:19 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

I'm so glad I didn't apply to CLA. Being wait listed with those credentials from the U would just hurt.

You judging didn't surprise me. Why, you ask? Because if you added together the maturity of the two college students also judging the varsity round and then squared it, I'm sure it is less than your own. I was just waiting for Deebs to snap.

 
At 11:18 PM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

i'm at 3.97 and i'm 39th.

dang, yo.

 
At 12:24 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

are you fucking kidding me am i not going to get into college fuck this shit.

How the fuck do they "fill" a college when they haven't even got all the applications yet? They let people with shittier credentials in just because they applied earlier? even if both people applied during early admissions? not to say my credentials are any good with the exception of my act but what the fuck this is bullshit fuck the school of architecture for makin me apply to cla for my first year god dammit im pissed fuck this shit.

 
At 12:24 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

FUCK

 
At 3:08 AM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pelkey might have had something to do with it... just putting that out there...

 
At 3:13 AM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell hath no fury like a carlson student scorned...

 
At 5:16 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

Ah, Sam. The problem here is not "Early Admission" its "Rolling Admission." That's the only system in the world where you are truly benefiting by applying early... if you believe that applying under Early Admissions doesn't increase your chances, which is bullshit.

 
At 2:13 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide!

 
At 2:23 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

if you believe that applying under Early Admissions doesn't increase your chances, which is bullshit

I'm not saying early admission doesn't help, I'm just saying that they should consider all the early admission aplications together. I realize the problem is rolling admissions, not early admissions. I only even mentioned early admission because it happens to be the case that I applied under early admission.

 
At 2:27 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:51 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger bundy said...

holy shit, tempers. kubas - i already know you got in. i'm psychic like that, trust me. they HAVE to save space for the occasional phenom such as yourself. in all seriousness, i would bet a grand or two that they do, indeed, save space for exceptional people. and kubas, your credentials, namely extracurriculars, would suggest a likely admission. good luck my muslim brother.

 
At 6:39 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger the dain train said...

i'm sorry, i haven't seen a pumpkin ornament.

 
At 6:12 PM, December 19, 2006, Blogger Kelsi said...

I have 3.974 and I'm 33rd. I know you aren't nervous, Kubas, but that makes me really anxious about that letter coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home