Thursday, October 05, 2006

yo quiero apostar


This picture reflects a popular Folkeringa past time; watching Lingo on GSN. (Google images doesn't really have a wide selection of Lingo pictures...I think this is the crackwhore German version--why else would they have 6 letters?) Anyway, the other day I was thinking, "Man, it's been like a month since I've watched Lingo." The "beeps" of the letters...the "bounce" of the balls...the "ding" of a Lingo...does life really get better? Jacob contends that...SOMEday...we'll go on the show. I'm waiting for that day.

Tomorrow...is kind of frightening. I don't really want to go to the Elks "celebration dinner," but somehow I'm obligated to do so. Please, if you have any affiliation with the band, come to the dinner. I don't want to be one of 4 people there. (You would think the number "4" is an understatement in this context...but, alas, no, we only have 4 verbal commitments of people who are going)

Saturday is going to be so much fun! (FYI: sarcasm) I get to wake up at 4:00 AM. Then leave the senior lot at 5:00 AM. Then, after a few hours I'll inevitably run into both Brian Agre and Kellen Riley. YAY! (can you say "sardonic") Actually, it shouldn't be too bad...I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing those boys. (Pelk, will you be at BJ?)

Saturday night, I am...FOR SURE...going gambling. I HAVE to...not to feed an addiction...but rather to fight other urges. I figure, logically, if I don't go gambling I'll undoubtedly become a member of a gang, start doing drugs, father 6 children, and then get locked up. So...I'm gambling in order to preserve my future. Trust me here.

This leads me to an interesting point brought up by Raquel (la rana...Rachel...): The reason I asked how to say "to gamble" in Spanish is because...well...I wrote my Spanish essay on when I took my Grandma gambling on my birthday. (A tearjerker I might add) Now you know.

"¿dondé está el bigote?"

i'm out!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Shelty said...

Sorry, but the Elks dinner just doesn't appeal to me. Mini-golf with Spanish club does much more so. Who can pass up an opportunity to hit things with a club?

 
At 10:06 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Rianna said...

If you father six children, I'm imagining them all having fros. Hahaha. That's a funny mental image.

 
At 11:26 PM, October 05, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

I believe Michelle has made an excellent point. Ditch the Elks early in the night so you can come and mini-golf with us. It will be a considerably better time and when you show up at the Elks, you will be considerably calmer because you will have beaten Brian at mini-golf.

Why is that a feat you might ask? Because Brian continues to boast he is the mini-golf master, and someone needs to school him.

And yeah... 5AM. I'm looking forward to that wake up call too.

 
At 10:06 AM, October 06, 2006, Blogger PBear said...

If by BJ you mean the Gopher game, then yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home