Monday, March 27, 2006

Rock And/Or Roll

First day with the new hair was good, almost entirely positive feedback. I think I lost some of the shock value by posting pics on here, but I'm always ready to sacrifice for the good of the blog.

I'm rocking the Matisyahu right now, and I gotta say, pretty smooth. I first heard about it about two months before he got big from, you guessed it, Sam Walker. Honestly, how does he stay two steps ahead? Must be his sweet Japanese watch-industry hookups. What's next? I'll bet it's Neo-Nazi R&B or nihlist piano-rock; you know, a natural progression from Hassidic Jewish reggae.

Oh man, I want some nihlist piano-rock right now. They're rocking out on pianos like they just don't care, beacuse they don't.

P.S.:I'm not sure if tennis>soccer, but tennis practice>soccer practice for sure.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Everybody should check out the Italian Stallion's blog.

Who doesn't love Photoshop...by Italians!

 
At 8:58 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

Matisyahu has been around for a lot longer than two months. "Live at Stubb's" has been out for like a year now. That was the album that made him "big." Matisyahu's had his video for "King Without a Crown" on MTV for two months now. I'm just saying, Sam's not THAT far ahead on this one..

 
At 9:37 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

Last year when he was on Conan, one of my friends emailed me to ask me if I had seen "Mad as Yahoo" the night before.
I thought that would make a good band name.


(As I tried to post this, instead of an actual WV image, it just said "Word Verification" in text)

Mad as Yahoo.

 
At 9:55 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

My sister Rachel showed me Live at Stubb's last spring, I thought the beatboxing was ridiculously cool.

 
At 10:04 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Tennis >> Soccer.

If you thought that practice was good, you're in for a treat. It was as tough as it'll get all year. I was pretty surprised at Stanek.

I kinda hope she keeps it up, though. What doesn't kill you makes you hate Stanek more.

 
At 10:20 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Hey, if Sam Walker told ME about something two months ago, he's been in on it for at least 2 years.

There are equations for all this; I'll explain later.

 
At 10:35 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

HATE stanek? that's some strong language.

i will forever have a LUIS; living under the influence of stanek. she's just that amazing.

and she owes me a date.

 
At 7:25 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Matisyahu is a shitty gimmick who can't rap.

 
At 9:02 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

That was quite a limb. I'm pretty sure it broke off somewhere near the base.

 
At 9:53 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger jimaal said...

josh always has to be the first one to hate something... he'll turn around though. i mean "king without a crown?" dammnnn... man. how can you not dance to that song? i mean you would have to dead not to. foot tappin fun that song is.

 
At 11:12 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I rescind my statement. I don't think anyone hates Stanek except maybe Saddam Hussein. Even Satan has his doubts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home