Thursday, March 23, 2006

There's The Rub (Fayna, read the last part)

Ever since I wrote that post, my hair is killing me. I can't stop thinking about how heavy and hot it is. It gets in my ears, mouth, and eyes and it's really starting to get itchy on my forehead. It's like having a choleric cat wrapped around my skull. I'm dying over here!
But at the same time, I'm reluctant to bite the bullet and take the long drive to the Cut n' Corral (Napoleon Dynamite's barber, STUPID). I feel like there's more I want to do with long hair, but I doubt I ever will. I've had this hair for too long. Kubas, they accepted your hair for locks of love, right? Because mine is definitely as long as yours was. Hell, I can get a solid ponytail together without even trying.

To shave or not to shave, that is the question. Whether tis' nobler in the mind to suffer the extra work of outrageous hair, or to take up an electric razor against a field of hairs, and by moving it back and forth, end them? To be bald, to be free.

Keuber brought up an interesting point earlier today. He mentioned how this entire blog is based around humor. I think that's very true. We're not about maintaining connections with friends at college, or really giving an image of our (boring) lives, debating important issues or trading recipes. We never really declared our purpose, but I think we're fulfilling it well. Whatever it is.

Tennis on Monday. Despite having not played for at least 2-3 years, I signed up for some mysterious reason. Wish me luck!

Check out the "Barrows!....Or Bust?" post for my so far excellent conversation with Fayna. Feel free to join in; I think he's feeling talkative. I hope this post doesn't push it off. We may have to move it up. Hey Fayna, you should reply in the comments to this post.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it hilarious y'all talk about bread parties.
my BFF initiated a bread guild. All you do is make bread, eat bread and talk. and wine makes it into the party, too.
I miss those hot vegan nights...

 
At 2:20 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

There's the rub, indeed.
And by that, I mean that's one more reason to shave it: Chicks rub your head when it's shaved.

 
At 6:27 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

Aquí estoy chicos. He leído que keuber y otros tres de vosotros han estudiado español, muy bien! Y por cierto, no importa lo de los tiempos verbales: yo lo digo siempre, lo importante es que los demás te entiendan. Keuber, estoy contento de que te haya gustado "oratius". Ayer en Italia tramitieron el episodio de CSI con grissom, sara, la rubia, el negro con ojos azules y el otro joven tonto. Pues, el primer CSI, lo de las vegas si no me equivoco. Bonito, pero repito que el NY es mi favorito de toda la vida.
About "to shave or not to shave" I'll tell you that this is the question for Sir Alex too! You'll understand why, in the next days.

 
At 6:42 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

ah, I don't want to go in "overwriting" in your blog but my intention was to ask if you know who are (I mean the level of knowledge) the people I'm going to write below (popular in Italy, but actually the purpose is to discover if they are so popular in US too)

raul bova
silvio berlusconi
albano carrisi
mike bongiorno
flavio briatore
raffaella carrà
bruno malpeli
laura pausini
eros ramazzotti
carlo azeglio ciampi
valentino rossi
pavarotti
hether parisi
giorgio armani
francesco totti
debra lafave
teo teocoli
roberto benigni
fefè del grande fratello (big brother)


Please answer sincerily, it's not a problem if you do not know nobody, I'd like to reach a real minipoll stat, not a "behappyfayna" minipoll. Ok?
Thank you very much, you're great

 
At 8:44 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

I was familiar with...

* flavio briatore

* pavarotti

* giorgio armani

* roberto benigni

I recognized the name valentino rossi, but I couldn't have told you who we was.

The rest? No idea.

 
At 8:45 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

*he, not we

 
At 9:00 AM, March 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pues, estoy familiar con los nombres de: Raul Bovio y Flavio Briatore, pero he eschuchado sus nombres en España...

 
At 9:18 AM, March 24, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

perfecto! pero de verdad berlusconi no os dice nada? pero nada de nada??
cuidado katja, raul bova no es raul gonzales blanco, el jugador del real madrid de quien habràs oido hablar en Espana.. Raul Bova es un actor italiano, y ultimamente trabaja tambien en L.A.
Valentino Rossi es el piloto de motoGP, un predestinado, un fenomeno. Me alegro de que lo conoceis.

 
At 3:11 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger jimaal said...

WHAT ABOUT FEDERICO FELLINI?! the best italian director of all time. and that's no opinion, that's a FACT.

 
At 3:13 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger jimaal said...

ps. antonioni and vittorio de sica are in my heart too.

 
At 3:41 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

wow, un cinofilo!
good one, jimaal

ah, two more names for you: terence hill and bud spencer?

you can ask me whatever you want, it's funny, I tell you. You'll discover that we are totally ignorant about people that are very very popular in U.S.
I'm not speaking of hollywood stars, in which Peter Falk and Angela Lansbury rule. I mean other celebrities that sounds you normal but that are nothing for us. It's the way of the world.

 
At 5:28 PM, March 25, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

Yo conozco los nombres de Pavarotti, Bongiorno, Benigni, y Armani (porque tengo un olor se dice "Código Negro"). Tambien tengo una camiseta de los bigotes, pero no soy un bigote oficial. Estoy en la clase de español tres con Keuber.

 
At 1:19 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Danged romantic languages.

So here's the funny thing. Sometime this weekend, I don't know if it was Friday or Saturday, I basically decided to tell Max and Sam to join tennis.

Lo and behold, 1/2 of my work is already done.

I'm looking forward to an awesome season.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home