Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Stood Up, And I Said Yeah

So I was listening to Flaming Lips the other day while mowing the lawn, and my thoughts drifted naturally to Harry Potter. More specifically, to a plan for a Harry Potter personality test. Not the kind of test where you add up points at the end and find if you're a "Harry" or a "Hagrid" or whatever. Just a little introspection game. It has three questions; I'll give a little background for all the awesome Italians/ weirdo Americans who haven't read Harry Potter. Feel free to give explanations, or not.

1.What would your Patronus be?
(A Patronus is an animal made of silvery light, used to ward off evil beings called Dementors. It may be a strong, beautiful, or whatever. A wizerd's Patronus often subtly matches some aspect of his or her personality. Harry's is a stag, Hermione's is an otter, and Cho's is a swan.)

2. If you had a Hocrux, what would it be?
(A Hocrux is an object (or pet) in which you can store a portion of your soul. In the event that your body is destroyed, a section of your soul will survive (this is how Voldemort stayed alive). A Hocrux may be a highly valued, symbolic, easily hidden, or none of the above.)

3. (a) What would a Boggart turn into for you?
(b) How would you make it funny?
(A Boggart is a creature that lives in dark closets and dressers. When it confronts a person, it assumes the form of that person's worst fear. The key to defeating a Boggart is to think of a way to make your fear funny. For example, an intimidating male professor is dressed in silly women's clothing, a huge spider slips on roller skates, or a mummy trips over its own wrappings.)

My results:
1. Probably a big black panther. Panthers rock hardcore.
2. My belt buckle. It's close at hand, and I always wear the same belt.
3. A zombie of someone I knew. Zombies freak me out anyways, and it would be super sad if it was somebody I cared about and they were a zombie, you know? I honestly can't think of a way to make this one funny. Suggestions?

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

if they were the zombie from shawn of the dead.

 
At 10:02 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

No dice. Even those zombies freaked me out.

 
At 10:22 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

hoRcrux, right?
and dude, zombies are fuckin scary

 
At 10:41 PM, May 07, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

I still need to see Silent Hill

 
At 1:45 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger 3_the_hard_way said...

Even though this is not a competition, 10 points for Grifindor(sp?) or whatever Max is involved in, for listening to The Flaming Lips.

 
At 10:07 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Max is definitely Hufflepuff material, you guys.

 
At 10:11 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Eff you, Houle. Just because I admitted that I fear zombies shouldn't mean I'm doomed to be a Hufflepuff badger. Weak.

Other people are welcome to participate in the test.

 
At 4:17 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

"At War With the Mystics" is the worst Lips album since "Zaireeka."

 
At 4:22 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

That being said, my answers are:

1) My Patronus would be a great white shark, because great whites are bad ass.

2) My Hocrux would be the entire Brainerd HS gymnasium. Part of my soul is already imbedded in the court from my days as a 'Stopper.

3) My Boggart would be any member of Team GPA and I would make it funny by forcing it to take a jump shot. 11 days till the showdown.

 
At 5:44 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

1. Tiger
2. My ring or tap shoe
3. Either something showing failure or me driving and hitting a person.

To make it funny the person would turn into my econ ap exam.

 
At 8:27 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger jobble said...

1. dung beetle
2. the world, cause that prolly won't be blown up
3.I don't really ever get scared so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home