Sunday, May 14, 2006

I'm Addicted To Ragahol

For the next couple of weeks, I'm going to be caught in a sort of limbo between school and work, where A.P. tests are done, but work hours have yet to get crazy. So I'm not just killing time; I'm engaging in wholesale, wanton time slaughter. I hope my supplies last the fortnight. I have a fun new book about probability (Yeah, it's nerdy. Screw off.) called "Chances Are...", an incredibly difficult video game (Metal Gear), and, of course, this blog. So you can expect all sorts of fun posts, on subjects like this:

So I was shoe shopping the other day when I noticed that a certain shoe company has given names to all of its shoes. Not just like "A5443SP" or "Maverick" or "Triple Play;" no, these were proper male first names. The names seemed tailored to match each shoe's individual personality. My favorites included Will the easygoing deck shoe, Todd the practical, down-to-earth boot, Sheldon the scholarly loafer, and Gabriel the defiantly unorthodox cross-over sneaker. Too bad they didn't have a Maxwell or I would have been forced to buy it. I'm not sure what sort of shoe a Maxwell would be. Probably a forest green felt slipper with a rubber tread bottom. What sort of shoe would (your name here) be? Girls can participate too, if they HAVE to.

Newspaper highlights today:

1. A Vox Pop letter reproduced here for your enjoyment--

Sudoku
Sudoku rules.

I think I'm going to write in "Metallica Rules!!!" and see if that makes it.


2. This rather exciting panel in the otherwise incurably dull comic strip "One Big Happy." Are the birds laying eggs or pooping? And what kind of zombie says "I AM ALL-POWERFUL"?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

I'm pretty sure the Cameron would be large canvas (not leather!) boots in the shape of my car with little wheels on the bottom. So really, they're not really shoes at all, but ridiculously cool rollerskates.

 
At 3:50 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

That's not a zombie, it's a government agent.

And I'm pretty sure the birds are projectile-laying, a vital skill in the animal kingdom.

 
At 6:23 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger hannah said...

dear max,
there was a gentleman staying at the lodge this weekend with probably the best molester moustache i have ever seen ever. and i was soooo thankful because you would be there to see it.... and then you weren't.

way to slack, slacky mcslackerson.

friggin mom.

 
At 7:05 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

Don't you mean Zeppelin Rules?

 
At 8:09 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

amelia- Yes, yes I do.

Hannah-Maybe if you put my name on the schedule I'll come to work HMMMMM?

Are you trying to avoid work through strategic incompetence? Because it's working.

 
At 8:29 PM, May 14, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Houle-

That's the government job I want. Real men hunt with chainsaws.

 
At 12:36 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Almost. Chainsaw is the third manliest hunting implement after spear and pike (tied for first). Atlatl takes a close fourth.

 
At 9:41 PM, May 16, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

What about the club? Herakles did a lot for that noble bludgeon's reputation for manliness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home