Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Know This Much Is True


It's about time we got some more manly content on this blog. Especially TRUE manly content. Posted by Picasa

Good Sam Walker story:
So Sam Walker is this weird guy with fancy watches in my grade who likes this girl Tara, right? Except he won't admit it, except kind of, and we give him endless crap about it. Sam's in German, and so is Tara, and so am I. My class (3rd year) had to write "Dear Abby" style letters to the AP class, taking on a persona and asking for advice on an imaginary problem, all in German. I forgot to do mine, so when I realized that I had to write something, I channled Sam Walker and wrote a letter detailing my love for a hypothetical maiden (called "Tara" in the letter), and her persistent snubbing of my advances in spite of my technically superior watches. Pure divine inspiration hit me like a beam of light from an allegorical crack in the casing of God's tanning booth. It is He, not me, that is lyrical. I'm just a heaven sent instrument. And yes, those past two sentences were Kanye West lyrics.

Sam Walker has found me out. Now the fun begins.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Tara and Tay are answering them.

 
At 9:03 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

interesting story (or I should say "interessante Geschichte"). But I have not understand the part about the watches.. And last thing: wasn't Tara miss Kentucky? you can conquere her heart with your robinho10's Tshirt!

 
At 10:22 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Your German impresses me, Fayna.

Also, I think we really need to clear up exactly who Tara is. Our Italian friends seem to have many strange conceptions of her.

 
At 1:26 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Nisswa is, in some cultures, considered a synonym for Kentucky.

 
At 1:50 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

Wow. my current girl crush is named Tara, too! except we we had our last day of class yesterday. And she's from International Falls. or the falls as *we* like to call it.
also, houley's picture look's a bit Lincolnish.
but I have a question for the bloggers. how do you put a counter on your site? or can blogger do that for you somewhere?

 
At 6:02 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger hannah said...

tara was miss nisswa?!?!??!?!? holy shit!

 
At 6:11 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger PBear said...

"I Know This Much is True"
Was that a Tears for Fears song?
Not that I listen to that sort of thing.

 
At 10:56 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

How did this post digress so quickly?

My display pic is kinda Lincoln, but it has a nude in it too. I found it googling Dali and thought it would make a good Blogger profile pic.

Tara was second runner-up to Miss Nisswa. Brittany Haberman won.

"I know this much is true" are lyrics in the song "True" by Spandau Ballet, if that's what you're thinking about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home