Thursday, August 31, 2006

Tell Your Crew To Be Easy

I went to the open house tonight, along with approximately two (2) other seniors (Kubas and Ashley, if you must know). My new locker, H222, is blue and spacious and on top. I believe Kubas is quite nearby. We are in the cooridor of lockers directly to your left as you enter the H-Link from outside. This cooridor will henceforth be referred to as Stud Hall (see the comments on this post). Summary of my meetings with my teachers:

Mr. Pritschet: Still kicking, and punching, and being mysteriously awkward around my mom. I guess he just doesn't feel as comfortable being such a complete asshole in front of parents as he does in front of students. Still, he'll be teaching me German, which is nice.

Mr. Gilbertson: I've heard all the stories but...yeah. He was a little bit of a space cadet. He sort of failed to acknowledge us when we walked in, then answered our questions in a far off, distracted tone. Should be fun.

Mrs. Niemi: What a bundle of joy. I wish she was my grandma. Not that I would have her replace either of my current grannies; she just gives off friendly g-ma vibes. I'll wager she makes an excellent M&M cake.

Mr. Barnett: All I knew about him walking in was that he "weighed 195 and benched 365--TWICE." He kind of reminded me of a shorter, stockier, swarthier Steve Pelkey, friendly and easygoing but ready to punch out a rhino if the occasion should arise. He's from Ohio and has an OSU poster and three signature covered footballs in his room. I'm hoping for some stories.

Mr. Melby: Mmmm, this was deliciously awkward. Lots of dead space in this conversation, the silence echoing around the cavernous bandroom as the Melbster shifted uncomfortably for 8 seconds in between comments. I did learn, however, that I will be joined this year by one enterprising sophomore and a fellow senior, a transfer from LAS VEGAS. Can you spell "roomie?"

Mr. Blong: Yeah, right, like I'm going to see Blong any sooner than I'm contracturaly obligated too. Fat chance.

Mr. Hewitt: I realize I'm not taking any classes from him this year (sigh), but I needed to talk to him about some letters of reccomendation. Mostly it was an excuse to step back into the REAL mancave and take a quick trip down memory lane.

I'm getting verklempt. I'll give you a topic: Blong, Pritschet, and Barnett enter into a three way death-match. Who wins? My money's on Herr P, but I have yet to see Barnett in action.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

Nice Ghostface reference in the title.

 
At 10:22 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Goddamn ghostface killah is a badass. 24 songs on fishscale, and when it comes right down to it, they are all about cocaine.

Badass.

 
At 11:04 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger PBear said...

Do you need to see Barnett in action? Barnett, hands down.

 
At 12:01 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

Gilbertson was they same way with me. There was so much hype about him... I'm just wondering when I'll see this "Space Cadet" explode his rocket. I really don't know what that mean... but whatever.

My locker is straight through the doors. I'll have to visit your stud hall every once in a while.

Niemi likes to talk.

Blong says that he is making changes this year like a quiz every 3 days. Fat chance.

Mrs. Harmer was practically bouncing up and down to tell me how the class did on the ap exam. Haha.

Peterson... Doesn't seem bad.

 
At 12:32 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger the dain train said...

when kubas and i saw melby there were some awkward silences.

 
At 2:03 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

nah a lot of them are about fly ghetto bitches

 
At 2:56 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

max,

do you suppose "mr vegas" plays basketball?

huh? anyone? could he be the answer?

 
At 4:38 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger hannah said...

"Hey, have you guys ever ate a bag of chips and stared at the wall for an hour?"

 
At 4:43 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

yeah, fly ghetto bitches who are HIGH ON COKE.

And I am proud of everyone here for not referencing Ashley's description of "Mrs. Harmer...bouncing up and down" in a lewd or lascivious manner.

 
At 5:21 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

Oh shut it, Max.

 
At 6:30 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Ms. Hillstrom wins understatement of the year for her comment on Mrs. Niemi.

 
At 10:15 PM, September 01, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

I have locker H208. We can be buddies, and make muffins in Stud Hall

 
At 12:21 AM, September 02, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

Awww... Gilby. Until you spend about three weeks in class with him, you won't get it. Still, my favorite class to attend last year hands down. I stood and talked to him for a good twenty minutes; he's not the type of guy that strikes up a conversation with someone he doesn't know though.

Oh, and in your death match, as I have never even seen Mr. Barnett, much less met him, my money's on Prit. He might not be the biggest guy in the room, but he's probably the most cunning.

And it sounds like Ashley and I (a a whole bunch of girls from what I've heard) are in the middle group of lockers). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home