Monday, August 28, 2006

Much Madness Is Divinest Sense

"If you try hard enough, you can start virtually any essay with one of my quotations."

~Emily Dickinson

I realize this will be my 5th post in two days, but you need to realize that I just spent 3 hours hammering out my third, and hopefully final, essay for one question on this Questbridge application. 660 words of pure pain, baby. Oh, and Wanninger, you play a prominent supporting role in this one! It's semi-fictionalized, but what what questbridge don't know can't hurt it, eh?

Now, let the blog healing begin: I can now say that I am officially excited about a video game for the first time since Halo 2 came out. The Nintendo Wii should be coming out sometime before Christmas. It is projected to cost a mere $250, or a little more than a third of the ridiculously priced $600-$700 PS3. But the best part is the kick-ass new control system.

It's a two part controller which, along with the usual buttons and joysticks, contains a set of sensors designed to monitor it's angle, elevation, and speed and direction of movement. I'm terribly pumped about the possibilities for this system: good old-fashioned running and jumping, wicked hot light-gun shooter action, and, my personal favorite, sword swinging, slashing and stab stab stabbing excitment. The two controller set-up should also allow for one hand to be the sword and the other the sheild, or for one to weild, say the LIGHTSABER and the other the various force powers. Aw yeah.

Most games should also be playable with the old Gamecube controller, but I'm hoping those who are on thier feet and swinging (like me) will have a decided advantage over those who choose to stay planted on their fat asses (Josh Mattson).

Cons: No Hal0 3. No MGS 4. I guess I'll have to visit Josh Ellens a little more than usual...

Sam Walker, do you have any additional information about the Wii? You seem like the kind of guy who would know. Well, you and Logan. But I don't know if he even reads this blog. Logan, if you are a Mustache visitor, please leave a comment on this post. And a link would be nice.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

In the latest mustache poll (Hom many Manly Mustaches does it take to change a light bulb?), I chose 3. Why, you ask? Simple.

One (the Janitor) to shoot the old light out, another (the chef) to form a platform, and a third (all-day) to leap off him and screw in the light bulb during his hangtime.

 
At 9:21 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

I want to read it now.

 
At 9:43 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

You're kind of the villian at first, but it turns out I was the one that needed to change.

Personal growth and all that.

 
At 9:47 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Logan is probably about as likely to read your post as sam is.

 
At 10:46 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

maxwell,

i voted for 2 mustaches:

one (kurt) to film us replacing the old light bulb

and the other (any mustache) to do the screwing.

that came out a bit awkward. but you get my drift.

 
At 3:53 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

aw yeah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home