Monday, August 28, 2006

Lolita, Light Of My Life

This application is proving to be more trouble than it's worth. My latest quandry is the question "If you could be part of any historical event, what would it be? Please answer in 30 words or less." Answers I've rejected so far:
  • Woodstock.
  • Game 7 of the 1991 World Series. That would be fucking nuts.
  • The Kennedy assasination. I'd take the bullet for JFK.
  • The McKinley assasination. I'd tackle Leon.
  • The Regan assasination attempt. I'd be the second shooter.

Right now, I'm thinking maybe something in the Progressive era, because that was a pretty special time. Or hell, maybe even the Constitutional Convention. Any thoughts on where and when YOU would be if you had the choice?

In other news, the Kitchigami Regional Library is having a contest to design their new logo. Rules:

  • Each original design no larger than 3" by 3"
  • Designs must be submitted by September 30th, 2006
  • Designer must be current library cardholder and live within library region (Beltrami, Cass, Crow Wind, Hubbard, and Wadena Counties)
  • Design "must have image that is readily associated with libraries and library service and could refer to Kitchigami Regional Library's geographical location.

The winner will recieve a $300 award. My proposed design...could not be posted due to blogger difficulties. I'll try to get it up here soon. Rest assured, it's amazing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger jobble said...

I would be a part of the final battle between gondor and mordor. That is because that would be the shiz-nit.

 
At 8:29 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

I like your choices. Just remember, when you are spelling, there are two ASSes in ASSASSination.

Someone taught me that handy mnemonic device once.

 
At 3:09 PM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

You better hope Josiah doesn't enter that scholarship contest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home