Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Ain't Tha 1

The plan for homecoming...has changed. That's all I can say. Apparently the rumors about the first one spread too fast, and it wasn't really technically feasible. So there is...a new plan. It's pretty good. I hope it works. Keep your eyes peeled and your head up during halftime.

But when I think about this, all I can think of is how great it could have been if I'd started thinking about it earlier.

I see...dozens of hobby rockets firing off in sequence, releasing thier parachutes, and gently floating down onto the field...and exploding.

I see...potato cannons firing off a thunderous volley of confetti.

I see... "Strokin" blaring at maximum volume over the PA system via an external hack.

I see...disciplinary action against me. But this is all hypothetical, and they can't prosecute me for that yet.

Further proof of mustache destiny.

P.S.: I just made a round of about 15 phone calls to make sure people wear their mustache shirts for the picture tommorow. Cross your fingers.

P.P.S.: What Minneapolis (and Moorhead too, I guess) kids will be in town this tommorow/this weekend?

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Sara Ann said...

That's a beautiful vision. I almost felt a tear.

 
At 9:42 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

I like the imagery too; it's quite awe inspiring, Max. Too bad this is it, otherwise next year could have been awesome.

 
At 9:49 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Hey dain c'mere a minute.

I've got an idea for you.

 
At 11:24 PM, September 28, 2006, Blogger Rianna said...

I'm in St. Paul, but coming, does that count?

 
At 12:04 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Nope sorry.

 
At 12:12 AM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will be here!!!

 
At 1:44 AM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Tay said...

as a little and ironic side note, one of my friends here created a facebook group called "beards over babies" and used part of that comic for the group picture. i literally accepted the invite five minutes before i checked this blog. oh how small the world truly is.

 
At 1:31 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I plan to be in Brainerd app. 17 hours this weekend.

 
At 4:54 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Tay-To quote Bender:

"That's not ironic. It's just coincidental!"

 
At 10:55 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger the dain train said...

i'm here.

 
At 4:44 PM, September 30, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

for all the hype... you guys really let me down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home