Thursday, March 29, 2007

When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine

Interwebbing Update (Now in Binary!):1. I recieved this, the best piece of spam I've seen in a while, earlier today. Highlights include "Brain Cancer," (you know....."Brain Cancer") and "Please dtake this message seriously!"

10. So I was checking out the Society For Creative Anachronism, and I found this brief essay on knighthood. It seemed pretty straightforward, if awesome ("this article is written in persona"? awesome), the sort of thing Niemi would describe as a "dated passage. But then I read the last line and recieved a suprise.

11. Reading this is entirely worth your time.



P.S.: In meatspace news, I totally beat Matt Houle 6-2 in a challenge match at tennis today. I have a feeling that this will be the highlight of my tennis career. I'm satisfied with that.

P.P.S.: "Johnny Valesano" has now passed into legend among BHS tennis players. Thompson has used him 2-3 times so far as an example of someone with a terrible looking serve and mechanics in general who was a "great competitor."

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:41 AM, March 30, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

!! I had no idea that "The Awful German Language" was available online, I've wanted to get my hands on that for a while.

What part of 1 + 1 = 10 do you not understand?

 
At 1:53 AM, March 30, 2007, Blogger J0hn said...

amen to that shit. he knows who the champ was.

 
At 7:10 PM, March 31, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Well houle, sometimes if you're looking for something online you can go to this website called google on the internet machine and type in the name of what you're looking for, and it'll pop right up!

I had to do a little rsearch to make sure I was doing my binary right there.

Did you know:
"In 1605 Francis Bacon discussed a system by which letters of the alphabet could be reduced to sequences of binary digits, which could then be encoded as scarcely visible variations in the font in any random text. Importantly for the general theory of binary encoding, he added that this method could used with any objects at all: 'provided those objects be capable of a twofold difference onely; as by Bells, by Trumpets, by Lights and Torches, by the report of Muskets, and any instruments of like nature.'"

 
At 1:23 AM, April 01, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

almost a primitive form of Morse Code

 
At 1:27 AM, April 01, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know how binary works, and those who don't.

 
At 1:27 AM, April 01, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

I stole that one from logan mohs

 
At 1:30 AM, April 01, 2007, Blogger J0hn said...

guys. quit turning this post away from the real topic. my 1337 tennis skills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home