Monday, June 12, 2006

Neoclassicism: Neither Neo, Nor Classical. Discuss.

My utterly idle summer situation has left me feeling in a rut. I'm feeling creative, want to make something, want a project, but I'm not sure what. I'll do another scavenger hunt, but it'll have to be much more involved to satisfy my current urge to make something cool. Maybe some big unifying theme, or a deeper mystery, or something. Otherwise, here's what I'm thinking:

Novels: No ideas. I guess I could consult on Mattson's (as of yet unwritten) masterpiece.
Sculpture/Painting: Too hard
Music: See Sculpture/Painting
Poetry: LAME

So, what does that leave us with?

Performance art: Something with Mexican wrestlers. Big characters, emphasis on cult of machismo, costumes and masks for flair and anonymity. I'm feeling next school year, in the courtyard. Four people hold up corner posts with a few ropes strung between them, and bingo, we've got a wring of destruction. I suspect it will be broken up pretty quickly by school authorities. But we should be able to get in a few good bodyslams and dropkicks before then.

Mechanical construction: An RC robot would be fun, but awful pricy. And lord knows Sam Walker wouldn't put any money into it. Hey, how about a remote controlled potato cannon? We could raise all sorts of ruckus with that. Sam, draw up some plans.

Movie production: Public demand has forced our hand. We're going to have to finish I Shall Avenge My Father, the sequel to the blockbuster I Shall Avenge My Uncle. We only have a couple of scenes left, but post-production will be some work. This feature should be around an hour, and the DVD will be loaded with special features: interactive menus, deleted scenes, outtakes, easter eggs. Hell, maybe even some director commentary. Kurt, we'll have to work out some details.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Erm.

Neoclassicism is both neo and classical.

 
At 9:11 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

instead of the wrestling idea, just go see Nacho Libre, opening in a theater near you this friday.

 
At 9:12 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Max, music? too hard? we recorded 5 quality cds, music is nothing.

 
At 11:23 PM, June 12, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

Just make the damn movie already... and have NBA reunite for the soundtrack.

 
At 11:33 AM, June 13, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

So nice to have a fan...

 
At 10:24 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

i'll send you some chapters in a month or so

 

Post a Comment

<< Home