Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Foolish Consistency Is The Hobgoblin Of Little Minds

My mom's best friend's mom's sister's husband, George, works at Princeton, so my mom and I are going to go visit them over MEA. Apparently, that weekend is homecoming, and George has an extra ticket to the football game against Harvard and invited me to go with him. So that's pretty hilarious.

But here's the thing: while I'm at the game, my mom and her best friend's mom's sister are going to the Princeton art museum. Is it bad that I think I'd rather go to see the art collection than the football game? Is it worse that I'm going to the football game anyways?

P.S.: Wanninger: I'm probably going to use a quote from Self-Reliance to start my NM essay. Can you (or one of your students) guess which one? 5 bonus points (if Kubas chooses to add them) to the winner! Hint: it's not this post's title.

P.P.S.: I'm also considering using a Gatsby quote instead. If someone guesses that one, hell, take 15 points.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

maxwell,

as a sports enthusiast and conservative who can't believe what people consider "art,"

even I would rather go to the Princeton art museum than go to the princeton/harvard game.

 
At 9:52 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

If you pick a gatsby quote I'm sure John would speak it. He's been practicing his Nick voice for hours. :)

 
At 9:53 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Yes dub, I chose to write about humanity's ultimately futile struggle against the currents of time. That's a real picker-upper.

NEXT

 
At 11:29 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger PBear said...

"The idea is if we don’t look out the white race will be — will be utterly submerged. It’s all scientific stuff; it’s been proved."

"I’ve been everywhere and seen everything and done everything... Sophisticated — God, I’m sophisticated!"

 
At 2:02 PM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have this sudden urge to go and read the great gatsby again. . .

 
At 3:47 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Man, these essays are just writing themselves.

 
At 3:58 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

"'It takes two to make an accident.'"

or else

"'I've got a man in England who buys me clothes. He sends over a selection of things at the beginning of each season, spring and fall.'"

Self-reliance:
"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string."

 
At 7:41 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

5 points for houle

but gatsby's still up for debate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home