Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Everything's Got 'Em

So today in Econ we were doing some review questions or whatever and we had to define "economic facts." I had something like "hard data gathered through study," but some kids by me weren't sure what to answer and let the rest of the room know it. Matt Blair turned to them and said "facts are facts." And one of the kids says "well yeah, but what did you define them as?" Blair: "Facts are facts."
Me: "That's a terrible definition. Don't use it, kids. Facts are hard data gathered through study and experiment."

Blair definition was really fantastically bad. It wasn't even up to the level of being a circular definition (A=B, B=A); it was a punctual definition (A=A).
I exceeded my quota of good deeds for today. One, I passed on the copy of Lolita mattson gave me to the new India-by-way-of-California transfer, and two, I picked up a stray media center card. Some lucky junior (Karissa Janacek?) is totally going to save a dollar. Although the media center ladies probably won't give it to her, just charge her the dollar for their own nefarious purposes.

Kubas, re. your conviction that I will be on the homecoming court: C'mon bud. I'm not a football player. Hell, I'm not even a band officer; I couldn't even win a BAND popularity contest.

Hey, let's see if I can ysi. Fingers crossed.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

matt blair is so awesome. i'd go in mrs. niemi's open hour when he had id. lang and he'd try to teach me.

 
At 7:51 PM, September 14, 2006, Blogger the dain train said...

but that would be awesome if someone from band was on the homecoming court.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home