Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Season Of Mists

So I just beat Zelda: Twilight Princess, and for whatever reason, a wave of nostalgia hit me like a dump truck full of warm fuzzies. I guess I was just thinking back to those halcyon post-Thanksgiving days of romping around Ordona province, herding goats, fishing for greengills, and throwing hawks at monkeys in order to retrieve basinets.

Good times.

I guess looking back on the good moments in a game is understandable after you've spent 53 hours (Yes, 53 hours. And I left a lot of stuff undone. I could spend 5 more hours just looking for golden bugs, and don't even get me started on Poe ghosts!) on it over the course of about six weeks. But for whatever reason, the nostalgia started to leak out and I couldn't look at anything without flashing back to a happy memory of it.

Sleds in the yard? Good times at Big Sieve (sp?).
Otto sleeping on the couch? Playing with puppy Otto.
Christmas books? Story time on my parents' bed on past Christmas Eves.

I even started to get nostalgic about (here's where it gets relevant) blogging. I remembered how nice it was to have a place to write something, anything, anytime, how fun it was to have a place that was both a creative outlet and a way to connect with absent friends.

And while Otto will never be a puppy again, I'm getting a little old for story-time, and sledding hurts my back, I can start blogging again. So I will.


P.S.: My dad got the new Beatles thing (Love) for xmas. It's like a whole bunch of Beatles songs mashed together. I like it, but it's hard for me to concentrate on the music sometimes because I get caught up playing "name that riff," trying to pick out all the individual tunes running through each song.

P.P.S.: I apologize for the last post. Suffice to say, "4 to 2" was a fine KB answer for me a few years back. Speaking of which, KB meet...next week? Damn

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, January 02, 2007, Blogger swalker said...

I'm pretty sure it's "Big Sev," as in "Big Seven," presumably named for the number of hills there or something.

 
At 7:34 PM, January 03, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

wrong assholes

BIG CIV

as in big civilization, as in sledding there is what mankind evolved for. i'm not making this shit up

 
At 12:32 AM, January 04, 2007, Blogger Tom said...

actually its "big sev" because it creates a huge void where seventh street would go through.


oh, and btw, 53 hours is nothing. this isn't the kind of thing that i'd normally openly admit, but I'm currently playing "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" on XBOX 360, and I've logged over 55 hours, and I would estimate that I am 35% through the plot of the game, and I've probably done 20% of what can be done in that game. golden bugs. psshh. oh, and 53 hours in six weeks? try 55+ in 8 days. no joke. i need to get out of the house...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home