Sunday, April 29, 2007

What's The Buzz

Tommorow I will have a better post up here, probably concerning grad speeches and such. I'll definitley have some new info to relay from the senior goddamned town-hall meeting tommorow. But for now, I think I'll just drop this little tidbit, found on this helpful website, which I was browsing through in search of some appropriately menacing Biblical text to read to all those sinners who'll be graduating in a few weeks:


Revelation 8

1. When the Lamb broke the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour.

You know, about half an hour. Give or take a few minutes. The dude apparently didn't have a stopwatch, so he was just eyeballin' it, I guess.


Stay tuned for some more good Bible passages, not to mention a few dramatic LOTR quotes, and, if you're lucky, some sort of grand analogy about how we should strive to be like Fedaykin, not Sardaukar.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

all this post did was inspire me to download the JCS soundtrack album.

 
At 11:47 PM, April 29, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

my favorite song is probably Blood Money.

 
At 10:13 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

my work here is done

Was this the original one from the 70s or the BBC one from 2000.

I only ask because they are both pretty great.

 
At 10:35 PM, April 30, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

i don't know if it's either. also my version of "what's the buzz" is from a live performance and doesn't really mesh with the rest very well. i do what i can with what i have, you know?

 
At 10:26 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

THAT'S it!

It just clicked.

JCS has a lot of "Tommy" influences. At least, it seems that way to me. I guess I should check the chronology before making this statement...

JCS: 1970
Tommy: 1969

Hmm. Kinda cuttin it close. Maybe Pete Townshend and Andrew Lloyd Webber just hung out a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home