Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Look mom, I made a protein

What has two thumbs and is new to the blog? This guy.

As the new, and only mustache in BHS, I feel very honored. As such, I will do what I can to keep the outside updated on news from the inside.
First off, on the first day of school, in the meeting of the senior class, we got the (probably) classic, "now you're seniors, it goes fast" responsibility speech. I have to say, Rusk bashed on the class of '07. They showed a lack of leadership and left a rather poor legacy. Those were her words. She did acknowledge some good individuals, however.
New rules: cell phones, i-pods and such are strictly verboten during class time. Teachers must give written passes to allow students to leave the room (Blong). Teachers must take attendence (Blong).
They are really cracking down on the less tasteful cheering of old. Following the first football game of the season, all 4 captains of the cross-country team were called to Selk's office before practice one day and basically told "clean it up or no state." I think they're serious.
The band has moved to the home team bleachers, right next to the student section.
Against Moorhead, I didn't hear any of the classics (Fuck, give me an s-e-x, what's that spell? Score! Score! Score!, buuuullllshhhiittt) A fan favorite however, courtesy of coach Trout (craziest guy you'll ever meet) goes as such: "ooomp. Oomgawa. Gotta have that warrior powa!" Yeah.

An assessment of my classes:
1) AP Bio- Mrs. Harmer is overly organized/on crack-cocaine. Pretty easy so far.
2)open- nobody to share it with
3)AP Calc- It's Blong 'nuff said
4)Band- Berggren is a friggin mango. If he didn't have kids I'd call him flaming gay. He directs frequently with the aid of a wood block or a cow bell. Also, for awards there is a point system 1-299 activity points gets a participation award. 300+ letters. Points are given out for such things as playing at games in the pep band. If I had known about this I would have gone for 0 points, being in band, but not getting the participation award. Unfortunately, playing at friday's game earned me 20 pts already. damn
5)AP Lang- I was really hoping to have this with Devine. In the past (basketball then football) Hewitt has been a total asshole to me. He seems to have had a change of heart in that department and is actually a good teacher and quite witty.
6)AP microeconomics- Mr. Halverson has no idea what he's doing. I bet I 5 the test though.

On a separate note, why is it that woodland creatures are so comforting? In Halverson's room there is one of those old-school agenda boards and on the bottom there is a squirrel in a cape saying that "Planning your day gets you on your way" or something like that. Just a question.

Arby's really misses me. Stephen is called me at my house last night... just to say hi.

p.s. I don't get the 'labels for this post' thing

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, September 12, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

oh bockmed, it is a genuine joy to read your contribution.

i gotta say, i'm kind of surprised about all of the changes after only one year.

and what did the CC captains do at the football game to warrant a threat of no state?

 
At 10:02 AM, September 13, 2007, Blogger Bockmed said...

They were witnessed leading inappropriate cheers.

 
At 11:09 AM, September 13, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

God Bock, what's more flaming gay than you writing about a flaming gay?


Here it is. . .
You're mom being a Seven Nation Army.
That's right.
She's short, she's asian. But she's your buddy.

I'm glad behind these BHS walls, there is a mustache voice. It might not be that melodic, or even on key - but nevertheless. A voice. Very eloquent and didactic if I might add.

And Hewitt might be leaving next year anyways if the referendum doesn't pass. You should sit in on AP Lit with Hewitt and Heise somedays. And Dens.
Quite a stir.

That varsity letter is going to look mighty flashy - wherever you put it. . . like the garbage.

 
At 7:18 PM, September 13, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

Dear Justin,
I do enjoy this. Keep it up.

Cameron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home