Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Looking Out My Backdoor

Five items today:

1. Today I was walking past the S.A.V.E. tobacco superstore when I noticed a sign in the window which read

"Roll your own cigarettes and save up to 50%, or more."

Apparently by rolling my own cigarettes I can save less than, or more than, 50%. I'd say somewhere between zero and one hundred percent, but who's to say that no one would actually pay me to make my own cigarettes, or that the discount could in fact be negative, and I would be forced to pay extra for the privilege of pinching out the strands and licking the paper.

I laughed about that sign for a moment. Then I saw two guys drive by in identical 1960's convertibles. Both guys were about 60, way too tan, and shirtless. I laughed quite a bit more about that.


2*. I realize that not everyone who reads this blog has seen Shaun of the Dead and/or Hot Fuzz, and even fewer are fans of the Streets, but I feel compelled to make an announcement:

When listening to The Streets, never, ever picture Nick Frost, Simon Pegg's bumbling side-kick, as the lead singer. You'll never be able to stop.

3. Puppies puppies puppies. The runt was just too runty to make it. She is in a box in the ground. I cried about her for a while. But! There are 5 other healthy alive puppies. Perhaps I'll get around to posting pictures and profiles at some future date.

4. I picked up a pizza at the Rafferty's take and bake place today and as I walked in I thought "Man, I hope Tirth's working." Just now I realize that he's in India. Goddamnit.

5. My roomate's name is Taylor Jang. He's from a suburb of San Francisco, I think. He has a very well-maintained facebook page. More on this as the situation develops.


*Not that he'll ever read this, but this was Sam Walker's suggestion.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, August 15, 2007, Blogger swalker said...

No, it was not.

 
At 9:59 PM, August 15, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Ooooohhh snap


well then maybe it was josh, but he would care even less

Hey sam you deadbeat, give me back my ren and stimpy DVDs. And my AD DVDs.

 
At 8:17 PM, August 16, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

what are the chances that your roomies' name is Tay(lor). Max. That's just unusual.


ps. I got the word verification thing wrong, not once, not twice, but three times trying to post this. :(

 
At 7:07 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger royalewithcheese_ said...

Hey guys i need a new post... anything will do

 
At 11:21 PM, August 31, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

stiche, a dorm post will be coming. i promise.

i've been slacking way too much. perhaps now that school is re-starting i'll blog a bit more. who knows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home