Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank You (Falletinmi Be Mice Elf Agin)

I found a random C.D. on my desk, so I put it in the computer and started listening to it. I immediately regretted it. The speed and power of the songs overwhelmed me. It was just one instant classic after another; I never got a chance to catch my breath. It was like hearing God speak for 1.1 hours. What is the name, you ask, of this unstoppable disk of divine light? Why, the Manly Mixtape of course.

Seriously, how bitchin' is this album? I know Showstopper whiners will complain about how they had a mixtape first, but the manly mixtape is waaay better (although it doesn't have White Houses). Highlights include:
-The Final Countdown (I'm a little worried about the graduation performance. Pelkey will be solid, but who will man the synth?)
-Everybody Get Up (by the unreal boy band/ rap group Five)
-Di Oh Nay! (the japanses rap classic heard on the menus of I Shall Avenge My Uncle)
-Sweet Georgia Brown (Globetrotters special edition)

P.S.: I have a plan for next year's Lip-Synch. Picture this: I'm sitting at my piano (a synth, set up on a low stand so the crowd can see me), someone on the trap set, and a third on the cello. Dark stage. Suddenly, a single spot comes in on me. A few wisps of fog across the stage. I start into Vanessa Carleton's "White Houses" and don't stop until the crowd is on it's feet.

P.P.S.: When should we present Lade with his painting? I'm thinking this Friday. Should 5th hour be included, or screw them? I'm feeling screw them right now, but we'll see.

P.P.P.S.:Today I became a National Merit semi-finalist. I guess a 232 PSAT was enough...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

guess what the name is the professional pianist at Keith's Kettle is called: The Amazing Jim. and by piano I mean casio keyboard.

also, max, I saw an amazing mustache yesterday. wayne bailey c. 1990. start bugging sarina for pics.

 
At 10:15 PM, May 17, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

you sure as hell better include 5th hour, I'm in it! fuckers. that is, unless you include me. i'll just come during bio for awhile

 
At 9:40 AM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

holy shit we must go to keith's kettle! and congrats on national merit. and i may or may not know all the words to white houses... but i don't sincerely enjoy the song, so it's okay.

 
At 8:02 PM, May 18, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

It won't happen. After this year's Lip-Synch fiasco, the following regulations are sure to be in place for next year's:

-No pianos.
-No trap sets.
-No cellos.
-Definitely no fog machines.
-Lights must remain on at full intensity at all times; likewise no spotlights.
-No inappopriate music. Vanessa Carlton falls into this category, as do The Wiggles and Vivaldi.
-No music at all, unless it's the Pep Band's rendition of the school song or Star-Spangled Banner.
-No singing.
-No moving provocatively or sudden movements, as might be witnessed on, say, a dance floor.
-Minimal moving overall.

Who knows, it might be more strict than that.

 
At 9:36 AM, May 19, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

lip synch fiasco?

 
At 9:16 PM, May 20, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

It was briefly cancelled. Then, each class was able to provide one (1) act, which was performed in the middle of the day and was heavily scrutinized and changed by the administration before it was allowed on stage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home