Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Young Men And Motorcycles

So I recently heard from this girl I know that she read somewhere (my mom, in the star tribune) that some guy was struck and killed by lightning as he rode his motorcycle down the highway. Apparently, there wasn't much left of him except for a small crater in the road. Faced with such an undeniably manly exit strategy, I found myself thinking about this brave young man. Mostly, I desired more detail about his demise.

Based on his awesome decision to ride a motorcycle through a lightning storm, I think it's safe to draw some conclusions about his condition at the moment of truth:

1. He was not wearing a helmet.

2. He was pulling a wheelie.

3. He was holding on to the handlebars with one hand.

4. With the other hand, he was raising a middle finger to God.

5. He was screaming "C'mon, Zeus! Is that the best you can do, O mighty one!?! Strike me down! Smite my righteous ass, if you've got the balls!"

6. He was wearing a Manly Mustaches t-shirt.

I realize the Mustache shirt is a stretch, but if he already went the eight and a half yards, why wouldn't he seal the deal and don the black and white? He doesn't strike me as the type to be half-hearted about his final act.

Item! Battle Of The Bands is this friday at the football field. Come if you feel like it, but no pressure. The theme this year is "Catalyze," one of the weaker selections from a big list I gave them last year. I'm hoping for next year I can push through "Battle Of The Bands 2007: The Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled!" Our motto: This Was Meant To Be. The logo can be a bust of the Seer from that Classical Greek pediment on the Temple of Zeus; Art kids, you know who I mean. He stares into the distance, lost in thought, pondering the terrible power of the rock to come!
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

...and he definitely had a handlebar mustache

 
At 10:47 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Graham said...

Remember the guy on the dirtbike who died hitting a police car in baxter a few years ago? He was being chased by the cops. i very distinctly remember witnessing him tear through Gregory park from the vantage point of my friend Jenni's house on the north side. He went straight through the stone archway as the cops pursued on the streets on either side of the park. A sad say.

 
At 3:54 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

I mentally combined these two comments and came up with the image of a man with a handlebar mustache tearing through gregory park on a dirtbike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home