Saturday, June 24, 2006

And Do You Know Where She Is Now? She's Dead!

I was worried about this blog. I hadn't been on in a couple of days, hadn't posted in a while...I fear blog decay. You neglect it for a few days, then a week, and before you know it, the fortnight is up and you've lost all your readers!

Thankfully, the Mustache blog is far from a solo venture. If one (or five or six) members decides to slack off for a few days (or weeks or months), it's not the end of the blorld (blog+world=blorld) as we know it. Someone else can always pick up the slack and the blog carries on. The group-blog: it's a beautiful thing.

Top Songs to Listen To In The Lincoln:

"Bowtie," "So Fresh, So Clean"-Outkast-- Both are excellent examples of musical artists talking about how good they look. Rockers can be moderately self-promoting, and I guess Paul Simon was "Born At The Right Time," but when it comes to bouncily danceable concieted boasting, you just can't beat rappers. I think the line "That's why the call me the gangsta mack, in the Cadillac!" was what pushed Outkast past Kanye for this spot.

"Once In A Lifetime"-Talking Heads-- Mostly because when the line "and you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile" comes on, I get to look around, all confused-like, let go of the wheel, do a palms up half shrug, and say "How did I get here?" And my imaginary audience goes wild.

"Living For The City"-Stevie Wonder--I get to do my best Taylor Hicks impression, especially on the dance breaks. Watch for me next time you're driving north on 371; I'll be the one just a-herkin' and a-jerkin' like a spazzed-out silver fox.

P.S.: Lately it's been Kubas shouldering the heavy burden of reader entertainment. I thank you, Mr. President. Oh man, I'm going to have sophmores leaping up on chairs and saluting you by the end of band next year. "Oh Captain, My Captain!" and everything.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Jesus Max, the blog is not the most important thing on earth. I don't think it's a big dramatic deal if you don't post for a week.

 
At 2:39 PM, June 24, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

max, have you been listening to scissor sisters like I told you? also, i'm going to copy you and put up a mark trail as my facebok profile pic, yesterday's was too great!

 
At 8:36 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

Max, don't listen to Scissor Sisters. Just don't.

 
At 10:19 AM, June 25, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

max, first of all, how did you get that squirrel on there? i can't seem to manage to steal the pics of mark trail from the internet, they all say no referral. i need to have the pic of the lingerie-wearing, angry woman lying around in her bed plotting her revenge. btw, did you know mark trail is in color online? the woman has blue hair!
second of all, don't listen to kid c.

 
At 10:41 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

I just scanned that fuckin' squirrel in manually. It's a little crude, but it does the job.

And scissor sisters are alright. But Filthy/Gorgeous kicks ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home