Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tuesday Heartbreak

Important stuff from the BHS website.

New GPA Calculation
Beginning with this year’s sophomores, the class of 2009, we are changing the method used to calculate grade point average (GPA). The current method used to determine GPAs does not reward additional credits taken and actually penalizes students who take both weighted (Advanced Placement) and non-weighted courses. The new method will utilize dual weighting to reward both rigorous course selection and overall credits earned.
(Logan can finally sleep at night.)

Military Requests
In accordance with federal statutes, the military requests the names, gender, address, telephone number, and school name of students in the 11th grade to provide information about military opportunities. If you would like your child's name eliminated from the list, please call the guidance office (454-6298) by Friday, October 6th. Thank you.
(Fuck the po-lice.)

P.S.: Has anyone ever heard of Questbridge? It's some scholarship organization that sent me an email and a letter. It looks pretty good so I'm working on an application, but I'd appreciate any info anyone has. Oh, and I'm thinking about Pritschet and Hewitt as my references. I just don't think dub and Lade would qualify...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

Hmm... that would explain the rather painful phone call I received from an army recruiter back in May.

And I received that scholarship as well, Max. Although, I'm not sure if I fall into the correct socio-economic background for it, I figure I'll fill it out all the same, and I should probably start looking into filling it out since it would be nice to have it done by October 1st.

 
At 7:26 AM, August 24, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

I am more than happy to write any letter of recommendation for anyone. I am still employed by ISD 181. Technically I am on a two-year leave of absence.

 
At 11:00 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Pritsch will write a decent letter of rec. I'm thinking Niemi's is probably better, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home