Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Crusaders For Cthulu

So today in Lang Anna handed me her iPod and told me to listen to a song called "America's Most Unwanted Song." It was, suffice to say, pretty hilarious.

Apparently these two Russian artists named Komar and Melamid decided that the most artsy-fartsy thing they could do would be to conduct a public opinion poll to determine Americans' likes and dislikes, and then use that data to create the most- and least-wanted paintings and songs. Now while I fear that this endevour was primarily an excuse for these Russian assholes to make some snarky commentary on how crappy art would be if it were created based on popular demand and how the best art is unpopular, I gotta say that this is a pretty neat concept.

I prefer the most-wanted painting to the least wanted (see Superblog), but the most-wanted song (a sappy, mid-length, mid-tempo love ballad) doesn't stand a chance against the least wanted, a 25 minute monstrosity with a children's choir screaming up-tempo Christmas songs and an soprano rapping about being a cowboy and reading Geramn philosophy while atonal bagpipes and accordions dirge along in the background.

Anna says she'll get me a copy of the compact disc recording, so hopefully I'll be able to ysi it sometime soon.


Now then, based on my own research, I present to you America's Most Unwanted Photograph:


Hey-Oh!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, January 04, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

man, that thing is ugly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home