Sunday, January 21, 2007

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls

Alright, so here's the hope-o-meter (patent pending):It mesaures my hope level, all the way from from 0 (utter despair) to 100 (nothing but dead rats and warm milk).


Now as I see it we can pretty much disregard the demoralizing effect of this Open Forum letter:

Illegal aliens and abortion
It is not true that millions of illegal aliens are here doing the work Americans refuse to do. They are simply doing the work millions of aborted Americans were not given the chance to do.
Steve DesMarais

Staples


Because it is completely cancelled out by this excellent passage about Christmas trees:

"There is something ghastly about a tree--its look of many-limbed paralysis, its shaggy and conscienceless aplomb--encountered in the open, let alone the living room. At night, you can hear it rustling and slurping water out of the bucket."
-John Updike

So right now we've got the Saints' loss to the Bears and my iPod's distressing new habit of playing the first twenty seconds of a song, then stopping (and now sitting next to my keyboard, making audible clicking noises as iTunes tells me it has been "corrupted"--Fuck) pushing the hope-o-meter down to, oh, let's say, 35.
But a combination of Barack Obama, pug puppies, and my impending 18th birthday combine to pull us out of the red, and even a ways into green, maybe 57 or so.BUT my fuckin iPod finally extricated itself from my computer, only to tell me that it now contains no songs. While this discouraging development is partially mitigated by the fact that I have most of the music I care about still on my computer, I'm sorry to say that it has knocked me back down to a stable 50.

Oh well. I have a feeling that new classes (not for me, but for everyone else) will give me a bump this week. I suppose deutsch and physics will stay the same, but calc may get a refreshing twist.

Also, remixed 5th hour Lang? Macro-econ with a KUBAS in the mix?


Things are looking up.

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Damn, 7 mustaches in the palace.


Not bad for a sunday night

 
At 8:47 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

let me see your iPod. I'm kind of a doctor(!) mostly it involves shaking and resetting, but it works. the click is the hard disk lens skipping

 
At 9:24 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

update: my iPod seems to have found its mind once more, and if I don't get to watch any more reggie busch this postseason, at least I don't have to watch any more tom brady.

 
At 9:53 PM, January 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Max, do you know when the Lucky Lindy is?

Because I vaguely recall Rezac mentioning something about the 27 of January.

 
At 9:56 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

well I have both a band rummage sale and three SAT IIs on that day


so let's hope not

 
At 10:10 PM, January 21, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

colts-patriots: one of the top five if not top three football games I've ever seen.

 
At 12:37 AM, January 22, 2007, Blogger matt said...

i used to live in the same town as stupid people like that. hooray for staples.

 
At 10:07 AM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

reggie BUSH max... bush. like, you know, a mini-tree.

and a little part inside of me died when i read that open forum letter.

 
At 1:01 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

Well, at least the illegal aliens weren't aborted, because then to whom would we turn?

 
At 1:01 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

like landscaping, dishwashing, picking our fruit...

 
At 5:25 PM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky lindy is on Feb 3.
Also, the new version of fantasy congress was unveiled today

 
At 5:36 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

max...

your hope-o-meter contains the colors red and green.

therefore, it is impossible for me to interpret it.

 
At 6:29 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Kubas, if you can't see red and green, how did you know that I used them in the hope-o-meter?

OH SNAP

LOGIC TRAP

 
At 7:05 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

I didn't get to see pug puppies last time around, so I'm definitely hitting you up this time.

 
At 8:25 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

gonna be in brainerd 2-4th, i think

 
At 8:36 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

in kubas' defense, it's called inductive reasoning.
and that letter makes me want to vomit and/or strangle the author.

 
At 8:39 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger la rana said...

also in defense of Kubas, you mention both the colors red and green in your post.

 
At 8:55 PM, January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEW FANTASY CONGRESS INFO ON THE CM BLOG!!!

 
At 10:09 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS BROWN.

 
At 10:32 PM, January 22, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Aw, fuck you guys

Except you cameron. You're cool. Gotta try your iPod witch-doctor magic tommorow.

And kubas, isn't it like when you see red or green you can categorize it as "red or green", you just can't tell which one it is?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home