Monday, July 23, 2007

instead

i recently turned 19. i really wanted to splooge and buy myself a fun present...

i've known for awhile now that guster was coming to apple valley on july 22/23. unfortunately, they sold out for both shows months ago. so this got me a little down/depressed.

that moment has passed.

i just noticed that i still have a solid $11.53 on my itunes account. i've been struggling to decide on a quality album to purchase. part of me wants to buy ben kweller's latest album, but it's about a year old and i kind of want something fresh. i've also kind of wanted to buy rufus wainwright's "release the stars" album but i kind of want his old-school "poses" cd. any suggestions?

also: i've been working at arby's. the co-workers are quite interesting...all of them are really nice...but not very educated. i have really fun conversations with one of the managers named amanda. she uses words or phrases like "tooken" or "i seen yesterday"...and i just find it hard to take her seriously.

then there is my man dan. he is (i'll ballpark it) about 70 years old. and kind of hard-hearing. he usually runs the fry machine thing and it is fun.

kubas: "hey dan, we need more chicken tenders down."
dan: "more jalepeno poppers?"
kubas: "no, more chicken tenders."
dan: "more popcorn chicken?"
kubas: "chicken tenders."

by this time my other manager, kim, (she is easily my favorite) pipes in...

kim: "CHICKEN TENDERS!!!"
dan, nonchalantly: "coming right up."

welcome to the real world?

8 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, July 23, 2007, Blogger CoachDub said...

i really wanted to splooge and buy myself a fun present...

Man, I hope you meant "splurge."

 
At 12:05 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

I wouldn't count on it

 
At 3:01 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger CoachDub said...

Well, turning 19 is very exciting.

 
At 8:50 PM, July 24, 2007, Blogger hannah said...

does keegan still work there?

 
At 12:13 AM, July 25, 2007, Blogger Tay said...

damn dub, you beat me to it. i really hope he meant splurge too.

 
At 12:49 AM, July 25, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

nope, i meant splooge.

 
At 10:30 AM, July 25, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

thank you.

 
At 12:09 PM, July 25, 2007, Blogger royalewithcheese_ said...

just over a week untill the big 18 for me. Damn i'm young

 

Post a Comment

<< Home