Monday, July 02, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

In the unforgettable movie The Untouchables, there is this memorable scene that goes like this:

Robert De Niro, who plays Capone, is hosting several of his goon-cronies in an elaborate dining.The cronies, ala kindergarteners, are sitting obediently around a lavish dining table, their heads stooping low.

Then Capone,with a smug smile on his face, jauntily asks something to this effect:
"What is it that pleases me the most?"
"What captures my imagination?"

His faithful cronies trip over themselves to please their boss:
"Dames..."
"Booze..."
"..."

Capone dismisses all of them regally, and then, boisterously proclaims:
"BASEBALL!"

He proceeds to pick up a finely crafted baseball bat from a silver platter and...Well ,the rest is not relevant to this blog.

I invoked this scene specifically to pose my own rhetorical question.In this magnificent, lethargic summer vacation, what is it that gives me the most joy?
I found out that answer last night, and being a magnanimous blogger, I shall share my joy.

Here is that little nugget:

The following AP Exams have been received by UCLA:
Exam Score
Biology 5
Chemistry 5
Economics: Macroeconomics 5
Economics: Microeconomics 5
English Language & Composition 5
Government & Politics: United States 5
Math: Calculus AB 5
Physics B 5
Psychology 5

This is a very pleasant shock for me.I was thinking something entirely different about a couple of subjects: Chemistry ( I took the exam without taking the class) and Physics.
But anyway, as Blong would say, "All's good, Life's good"...

However,the best part about this whole affair is that I didn't have to fork out, as Maxwell Kuehn would say, Eight D's to call AP phone service.My overly meticulous and diffident college UCLA took care of this.They assiduously keep track of all the valuable documents they are supposed to receive from their students and then they post these documents on the students' online account.

Last night, I happened to - or, as Bokonon would say, was meant to - browse around my account on UCLA while devouring Jack Nicholson's performance as Joker in the 1989 hit Batman, and that's how the Grinch stole the Christmas.

P.S. I am proud of myself for three accurate citations in this post.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger PBear said...

Those are some impressive creds. congrats.

 
At 4:09 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Man I was watching batman last night too.

You physics fivin' son of a bitch.

 
At 6:24 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger Graham said...

Man... since when did Blong become some sort of Oracle? When I was at BHS, he was more of a spectacle sideshow goofball whose students couldn't pass the Calculus exam with a 3.

 
At 7:32 PM, July 02, 2007, Blogger Shelty said...

Sheesh. You are a genius.

 
At 12:29 AM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

To Max: Let's wait for your scores and we'll see if you and I belong to the same karass or not (or maybe this is a grandfallon)

To Adam and Michelle: Thank you very much for the compliments

 
At 10:33 PM, July 03, 2007, Blogger Hillstorm said...

Sick...






In a good way.

 
At 1:32 PM, July 04, 2007, Blogger Sara Ann said...

You MUST be a robot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home