Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What The Poet Said To The Sea

Quick hits, broadcasting live from the new MacBook at the Brainerd Public Library (wireless Internet, don't you know):

1. Poppy is pregnant like a pumpkin.

2. I'm worried about my cat. He's getting pretty old, and he's starting to show it.

3. Gumshoe 4 should be out any day now.

4. I have a Northwestern assignment: read Utopia. I think I'll do it in a coffee shop while wearing a turtleneck. Oh God, does Sam Walker own a turtleneck? If not, it's only a matter of time.

5. According to a letter I recieved the other day, I will need a 4000 cubic inch backpack for my Northwestern hiking/camping. I don't think my current one is big enough, so I might need to buy one, along with some hiking boots for the 5-7 hours of daily hiking we'll be doing. Maybe I'll bond with the dude who has to carry me up the side of the mountain.

6. I need to check Northwestern's policy on knives. I hope it's like the U of M's: if the blade is 4 inches or less it's fine. I started using a knife this summer, and it's turned out to be quite useful. I'm definitely bringing one on the camping trip and I'd like to have one around for opening, prying, whittling, juggling, and other knife-based activities. Perhaps the student handbook can answer my questions.


7. You know who I haven't seen in a while? Matt Capelle. Capelle, I gotta get that Lord of the Rings radio show from you again.

Also, Andrew Kubas, it's been too long.

8. The Crow Wing County Fair opens today. This is my year to find the medallion. I can just FEEL it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, July 31, 2007, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

where are you going on this pwild trip, max?

 
At 10:04 PM, August 05, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

i have Utopia if you want to borrow it. i read it on my road trip. it's extraordinarily boring.

 
At 3:01 AM, August 10, 2007, Blogger matt said...

i appreciate the "shout-out." you should give me a call sometime and we can get together. and perhaps i could burn you the radio show

 

Post a Comment

<< Home