Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oh, Sweet Irony!

I was scheduled to give blood today, and in the information packet thing it said I had to be 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, and, remember this one, not have the flu or a cold. I signed up tuesday feeling 17, over 110 lbs, and healthy as a horse. One 5 a.m. wake-up call and two six hour bus rides later, I'm sick as a dog. Looks like no blood for the little orphan children today. I assume my blood was scheduled to be shipped directly to cancerous orphans, but it looks like they'll have to wait a few more days.

Also, it looks like I'll be out of commision for the Mustaches game tonight. Oh why, mighty Zeus, why have you cursed us so? Perhaps our pride has angered the gods of Olympus, so they seek to drive us apart and crush our spirits. We must strive like Hercules or face the fate of Atlantis, driven into the seas by our own hubris.

On the plus side, a random Italian left perhaps the greatest comment I've ever seen on my previous post (Inward Singing). He declared me "magic!" I wonder if he is just practicing his english or if he really does enjoy the site that much. I looked at his profile and then his blog, and it's all solid Italian. But pictures are worth a thousand words, and some of the shots on his blog must be worth four or five thousand. This is my favorite one. Could he BE and more Italian?


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

I saw you give his blog a link. That comment alone warranted it. How did he find this blog???

 
At 2:14 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

*say, not saw

 
At 3:42 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

there are various ways to link to randoms, maybe he was drunk and bored, eh? or just bored. i guess he wouldn't have to be drunk.

 
At 4:41 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

god bless italians.

after looking at his blog, he's either uber pro or uber against islam. i can't quite tell.

 
At 12:44 AM, March 03, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

Why'd you post a picture of Johnny V?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home