Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Best Dad Ever

Having temporarily misplaced my titanium framed, German-engineered Uber-glasses, today I was forced to wear my old heavy black frame crooked-ass emo eyewear. When combined with my touseled, devil-may-care hairstyle and urbane little stubble, these glasses make me look quite the dour hipster.

Eat your heart out, Rivers Cuomo.

As if to complete this put-upon, enlightened, surrounded-by-sheep couterculture hero look, today my copy of On The Road came in the mail. My father heard me expressing casual interest and immediatly bought me a copy online. He gave it to me today, with this inscription:

Mx-Read This 7X Before You're 23
Love, Carter(DAD)

Best inscription ever, right? I thought so. Especially the "(DAD)" part. In case I forget.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

on the roads pretty awesome

 
At 10:31 AM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

i hope the stubble made the grad photos!

ps, i'll be in brainerd this weekend. you've been warned, and save saturday for a PDP (Prince dance party)

 
At 4:45 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Stubble free but still hardcore.

And saturday is so off limits for all other activities now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home