Saturday, July 22, 2006

We'll Lead As Two Kings

Postulate: If Wanninger and Hewitt had been outspoken conservitives, Taylor Stevenson would be a Republican right now. Discuss.

At work today I was singing two songs: "Moonshadow" and "The History of Tencious D." So when I climbed in my car, I had to make a choice: Cat Stevens or Tenacious D? I told myself "I'll just listen to one D song, then switch to Cat Stevens." End result? I sang along to The D the whole way home at maximum volume.

So I got to thinkin: remember my plan for the lip synch, with Vanessa Carleton's White Houses and all that? I think Tenacious D would work even better, because A: I actually know every word and inflection and timing for most D songs, unlike White Houses, and B: I would really just need two guys on guitars to back me up, one of whom would be Kyle. Would people recognize it? Would they have to?

Proposed song list:
First part of "Fuck Her Gently" (before, you know, the profanity and all)
Wonderboy
Explosivo?
Tribute

Feedback is appreciated.

P.S.: After promoting "Hooked On A Feeling" with such certainty and determination, I'm losing confidence. Should we go with The Winner? It's a pretty hilarious song, plus it's Coolio. Everybody listen to it. Oh, sam, can you do one of those YSI things for it? That said, what's so great about "Tonight, Tonight"? And where is it written that each classes' grad song must be greater than that which came before it? Final Countdown was good, but we can still try to get something funny for our grad song. Ooh, and who could perform The Winner?

P.P.S.: The book I'm reading now is entitled "Goedel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid--A Metaphorical Fugue On Minds And Machines In The Spirit Of Lewis Carroll." It's my second book in a row that discusses non-Euclidian geometry (the first one was "Flatterland," if you must know).

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

I think josiah deserves some credit. I accidently hit the post button after I'd only typed in "Postulate: If Wanninger and Hewitt had been outspoken conservitives, Taylor Stevenson would be" and jobble commented "a hooker?"

It's gone now but I liked it.

 
At 12:55 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

hewitt was conservative man

 
At 3:54 AM, July 23, 2006, Blogger CoachDub said...

Hewitt is indeed conservative.

And Tay was pretty much the most disturbingly conservative student of all time when he was in my class as a sophomore. I had night sweats. (Sorry, Tay, but you cannot deny it.)

 
At 12:00 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

But Hewitt never really discussed his politics in class the way some other teachers did with liberal viewpoints.

And I hope I'm not going too "Forum-esque" here, but does anyone buy into the theory that liberal teachers make liberal students?

 
At 1:23 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

nah. not particularly. maybe if it was an extremely respected teacher who did it in a way that was not preaching. but i dont think so

 
At 1:39 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger J0hn said...

only if that student is tay.

seriously. it was an overnight transformation. one day tay was talking about killing native americans with steamrollers and the next he was telling everyone why republicans are such big douche bags.

 
At 2:43 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I think the whole time he was convinced that he was a liberal. Remember the "not my President" fiasco?

I get the Wanninger part of the post, but not the Hewitt part. Should've said Niemi.

And no, I don't think liberal teachers create liberal students. I mean, look at me, I turned out all right.

I didn't really intend that pun, but there it is.

Flatterland is an upper-level mathematics text thinly wrapped in a novel. But I enjoyed it.

Max, you requested some physics texts earlier. I can lend you Hawking's A Brief History of Time if you haven't gotten to it already, though it's not exactly going to help you out with AP Physics.

 
At 2:47 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger Erik said...

Tay only wore the "Not My President" shirt to be like Mattson.

 
At 3:46 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Could someone please enlighten me to the nature of this "not my president" scandal? It sounds like a lot of fun.

Also, Cliche` Guevera would be a good KB team name, especially if our shirts had derby in a beret, wearing a che t-shirt.

 
At 10:50 PM, July 23, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

i would buy that shirt.

btw, i actually want to make it out to state KB this year. you know...the stereotypical rowdy fan who doesn't realize that KB doesn't involve high intensity cheering. i'll paint my chest with the letters "KB." (clever, eh?)

 
At 9:33 PM, July 24, 2006, Blogger J0hn said...

Mattson had a shirt that said not my president and had a picture of GWB. Tay got one after him during sophomore year despite his very overt conservative tendencies ie killing people of other ethnicities and sexual orientations that himself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home