Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's Part Of My ILLUSION!

I went in to the school today to check out my scheduling options. I had some downtime waiting for sophomores to clear out, but I filled it nicely with Ghostface-fueled hall walking.

I talked to Shelly Streed, Alan Hewitt, and ____ Peterson (fill in his name if you know it) about taking AP Psych this year. Peterson explained that he doesn't do independant study (with the exception of one student last year who "went over his head" to take AP Euro [yes, it was Tay]), so SS suggested I could be her "psychology guinea pig" and instead take the College Level Examination P-word I forget, or CLEP test instead. It's basically a college exam for the entry level college psychology course. Mr. Peterson repeatedly denied having any knowledge about CLEP tests. Mr Hewitt was slightly more knowledgable. He said that CLEP tests were not as widely recognized as A.P. exams, and that they had kind of a "G.E.D. vibe." Also, because they are not based around a curriculum, they can be "a real bitch to take" (I'm not sure if Hewitt actually said "bitch," but it seems to fit).

So...does anyone know anything about CLEP tests? Tay, should I just talk to the principal (it ends P-A-L, because he's your pal!), get a textbook, and prepare myself for the AP exam? Is Peterson required to advise me if I take psych independent study, or can I pull a Tay and just get a textbook and curriculum guide from him and take the AP test? Because if the CLEP test is so hard but also not as classy as an AP test, I may as well just try to go AP, right?

Goodness this post has a lot of parenthetical statements. Oh, and check the comments on Logan's blog for a pop quiz.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I believe his name is Keith Peterson

 
At 5:26 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger the dain train said...

i was at the school today, it's even crowded with just the sophmores there. but i hung out in albrechts room because that's the place to be.

 
At 8:34 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

I have heard of the CLEP, but I have heard the same thing Hewitt said about them, and quite a few colleges do not recognize them.

I guess you could ask, but since we've changed principals you could run into issues there, and we all know Raz would do anything if you had above a 4. I guess, I have issues with certain people pulling rank to take classes.

 
At 1:18 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger hannah said...

a trick is something a hooker does for money.


.... or cocaine.

 
At 1:30 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Elfie said...

If you are thinking about taking a CLEP test I would first check to see if the college you want to attend accepts them. I know they do here and that you can get out of classes just as easy as if you had taken AP, so you might still want to consider it.

 
At 4:20 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Hannah when I first read that I thought it was a jerry blank line, but quickly realized that it was in fact GOB Bluth.

 
At 8:45 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger Tay said...

it is kieth peterson and i wasn't the one who went over his head, that honor goes to jennifer dens. after she did it i simply asked to have a fair shake. plus i got a five on the euro test, so whatever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home