Saturday, November 04, 2006

Single Large, Or Several Small?

I think the Gophers' season can still be saved. Unconvinced? Check out this stat:

Average point total for the Gophers in games attended by Maxwell Kuehn: 62.5 points.

Think about that.


Congress may be in recess, but that doesn't mean they can't be exciting! I am all set up to dominate in my Fantasy Congress league. It's like fantasy football or basketball, except instead of atheltes, you choose congressmen and women, and instead of points and assists, you score when your representitives get bills passed. Hooray!

The Manly Mustaches are poised to own league Criminal Masterminds: I mean, Barney Frank AND Katherine Harris? Ted Stevens AND Barack? This team is the definition of balanced, and lean, and mean. 'Cause, you know, Katherine Harris can be a real bitch, and Barack is quite slim, and Barney Frank has really an excellent sense of balance.

The only bad part: Apparently, there's no real "drafting" system. We pick who we want, but everyone else can also pick those same people, so that's a little weak. Also, Pelkey apparently just formed a database using all the stats the site offers and selected the MCs (Members of Congress) with the highest point totals. In other words, I'm gonna have to work just a little bit harder to overcome some Carlson douchbaggery.

Ooohh, a tantalizing tidbit from the FC FAQ:

Stay tuned - we're working hard to bring you new features that include exclusive drafting, trading and bench-to-field substitution.

Mmmm. Now if I could only get this excited about my Fantasy Basketball team. You know what, I think I might have some character named "Garnett" on there. No Vince Carter though, sadly enough.

Step 1: Remember my username...Seriously, can someone in my league find that out for me?

P.S.:
Click here for important information about zombies. Also, Sam Walker.

P.P.S.: Matt Capelle, here is a short list of stuff you should play for Xmas ball:
-Cripple Fight
-Strokin'
-The DOTA song by Basshunter
-Some Neil Diamond
-You Sexy Thing

More to come, no doubt.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

I believe that all mustaches should look at this: http://tv.msn.com/tv/moustaches

 
At 12:10 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

hollllld up capelle is DJing the ball?

 
At 2:11 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Kelsi said...

Geraldo Rivera's, as always, is most impressive.

 
At 3:24 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

dude Boten Anna > DotA

and I think you're going to have to come down for the Iowa game

 
At 3:32 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

PS sweet title

 
At 7:48 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

I had to deal with some slossin' slossfaces from Middlebrook on MSN last night.

Real buncha slossers, ya know?

When is the I HATE IOWA game going to occur?

 
At 8:57 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

two weekends... the 18th?

time stil TBD

 
At 9:13 PM, November 05, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

Hmmmm, unfortunately that coincides with the release of the Wii on November 19th.

However, I suppose if some of the U of M element (read: John and Slossmaster Flex) was planning to make a Wii purchase, I could bring my own $300 and join the fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home