Saturday, January 06, 2007

John Blong: Trillin'

Overheard during multiple-choice corrections in Lang:
Niemi: Now Catherine, what was your question?
Lepel: Well in this question it says there's no reference to the original sin.
Niemi: And there isn't, so that's the correct answer.
Lepel: Well here in the text it says "...we trace back our savage heritage to some dark tree in some forgotten forest..."
Niemi: I don't see how that contains a reference to original sin.
Lepel: Allow me to explain. In the beginning...

I didn't actually hear Lepel's last response there ( I was trying too hard not to laugh out loud), but I imagine it must have been something like that.

I was quite amused to see Niemi doublethinking her way into supporting what she knew was a bad question (in defernce to the AP gods, or something), and poor Lepel having to balance her desire to genuflect herself before Niemi against her disgust at someone so brazenly denying a subtle Biblical allusion. The solution? Presume ignorance on Niemi's part, and fight to enlighten her.


The past couple of days in Calc, Blong has decided to ignore calculus in favor of life lessons of the fiscal variety. We've recieved lectures on credit scores, online gambling, and car financing, all backed up by Blong's stories of what a fiscal badass he is.

It was kind of like Mad Money, but with fewer sound effects and more multiplication by powers of e. I tried to tell Blong that he should get a public access TV show called I Got Money In The Bank where he would outline his mad financial skillz and show the people how they too could become BAFMFs (Bad Ass Fiscal Mother Fuckers), but he was too busy lighting Cuban cigars with burning strings of pearls to listen to me.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard Blong swear so much in one hour than I had this entire year from all other people. He sure is looking out for us and our credit, that's for sure. And as for Lepel... well, I won't even get into it.

 
At 3:59 PM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clipse reference in the title? Tight.

 
At 6:33 PM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man max. i'm so glad you are back blogging. your last paragraph was solid gold. i had a good hearty chuckle at that.

 
At 7:53 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger m_kummet said...

does anyone know what hour lepel has lang next semester?

i won't ask how, i would just like an answer.

 
At 8:02 PM, January 06, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

Not that I didn't receive some valuable, but I was crying I was so bored in that class. Blong must have repeated the exact same things every single hour. Why wasn't he bored?

 
At 8:46 PM, January 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Catherine has lang 5th next semester, although I could be wrong. I know because she is my friend.

I'd rather have financial advice in math than sports news and stats. Ugh.

 
At 4:34 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

blong doesn't get bored. he teaches high school math.
but i'd probably pay a small fee to hear that lecture... i need some financial guidance. i don't get how it works.

 
At 6:21 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Hillstorm said...

Shit. She's going to be in my class.

 
At 9:22 PM, January 07, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

Oh, the letters H and L aren't too far apart in the alphabet. You could sit in the same row as her...eww.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home