Monday, February 26, 2007

I Know I'm A MillIon Times More Humble Than Thou Art

Big KB at Concordia today. We got second place on a weak-sauce technicality, but I don't mind.

Man, the competition (at least in the region) seems way easier this year. Or maybe Metallica is just unbelievably awesome and I can't tell.

This is why I need a Knowledge Bowl video game. I could create the ultimate fantasy oral round (heh heh, ultimate fantasy oral round) with Sans Colouttes, Stuck On Burma, Death Eaters, and Metallica, set the Wii to auto-simulate, and see who prevailed.

Man, a KB video game could be really sweet. You'd listen to questions, buzz in, and give your answer. I suppose you'd have to type in answers, which could be tough in the 15 second limit. Maybe the game would come with some sweet voice-recognition microphone thing . Anyways, you'd totally select your team of four based on their expertise in a variety of subject areas, and after you buzzed in they'd whisper suggetions to you.

Alright, I'll be honest here. I'd be most interested in seeing how I'd stack up against myself in 9th, 10th, and 11th grades. Which Max would get a question about stars or something first? Would senior Max be the seasoned old salt and get the buzz on the the younger Maxes? Or would freshman Max have the quickest, clearest thoughts, being more pure of heart as he was?

Oh man, Weird Al just did a polka-style rendition of the chorus of Enter Sandman, followed immediately by The Humpty Dance. In the van at about 7 a.m. this morning, Sam gave me my b-day gifts from him and Josh, respectively: a stack of Weird Al CDs, and a bag containing a loaf of "pulla" from NW bread+bagel and a big daddy-sized Dad's Root Beer. Thanks dudes.

Josh's gift provided the most immediate benefits, but I have a feeling Sam's will make the more enduring contribution. Weird Al is pretty sweet, especially the afore-mentioned medleys in which he smushes together the licks from a dozen or so popular songs, then sets it to a whacky polka melody. It is a musical experience like no other.

AW SHIT DUDES: STRAIGHT FROM THE WEIRD AL WEBSITE, STRAIGHT LINDWOOD TOUR ROLLS INTO MINNESOTA THE MINNESOTA STATE FAIR THIS SUMMER, AUG 27TH

Best quote from the Weird Al Wikipedia site:

On numerous occasions, Prince has refused Yankovic permission to record parodies of his songs. Yankovic has stated in interviews that he has "approached him every few years [to] see if he's lightened up."[30]

Also, this is a solid Onion article on Al. Make sure to check out his notes.

P.S.: Okay, a special challenge for you, 10 points to the winner. What letters make up the following WV? I know those WV bastards give me these obscure ones just to screw with me. All the other WV are just generated by a computer, but when I log on, some asshole in a tie comes over and strings together Ws and Vs until he can't see straight.

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger the dain train said...

yivuvvwvo

 
At 8:48 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

Has anyone told you that you're amazingly fantastic Max??

 
At 9:11 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Not nearly enough


close, dain, but not quite

 
At 9:41 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

I'm almost certain I mangled the spelling on Sans Colouttes, but I'd hate to deny someone the satisfaction of correcting me.

 
At 9:52 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

you should definitely see the floyd show this weekend. even mr. eaton approved, so you know it's trippy enough

 
At 10:53 PM, February 26, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

I was thinking about this the other day: in KB, the written round is usually the one in which the least amount of writing is done.

Death Eaters would win and have more fun doing so, even if they only have Junior Max.

Hooked on Polkas is decent, but White and Nerdy and Amish Paradise are both superior.

 
At 11:00 AM, February 27, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

yeah death eaters would win that competition

 
At 5:00 PM, February 27, 2007, Blogger Rianna said...

Try, try again.

 
At 6:01 PM, February 27, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Oh damn, 89 views to 50,000

 
At 9:59 PM, February 27, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Oooh, even closer but still no cigar

 
At 6:40 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

Are you a fan of cardamom bread...from hell?

 
At 6:42 PM, February 28, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

yivuvvvwo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home