Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Knock Knock

Oh Christ, tennis is starting soon. I'm kinda worried about that.

I mean I realize tennis basically ain't no thang compared to, well, any other sport, and I could probably just screw off the whole year with no adverse effects. But I want to be sort of okay at tennis this year, and I got a new tennis racket for Christmas, so I wanna do it justice, and I'm gonna be the "enforcer," so I gotta be bulked up enough to inspire a little fear and respect for captain Bundy.

Which brings me to another reason for me to get in shape (at least a little) for tennis this year: Captain Bundy. Bundy has threatened to be a total hardass, and I hope he makes good on those threats. I have a feeling Shilzy will be of the same mind, and we can just ignore Imgrund. When Bundy drives alongside us in the Merc, yelling threats through a megaphone and snapping a whip as we round the courthouse, I wanna be near the front of the pack.


So they're doing the top ten thing for the yearbook again. I need a picture of myself as a child and a favorite memory from BHS. I got approval to have a quote instead, so this baby is definitely a go:

"I work without a net, dangling precariously on the edge of genius and insanity, glory and despair, acceptance and rejection." --Tay Stevenson

I found this sweet picture of myself at about age 10-12, I'd wager. Man I was a fat little turd. The dirtbag smile, the chubby cheeks, the sweatshirt/pants combo...what's not to like?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Hillstorm said...

I was picture searching earlier today. I have a good one. I just need a favorite memory. If I mention Tay, I feel like I would be giving him too much credit, especially if you are using his infamous quote.

 
At 10:49 PM, February 21, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

just get everyone in the Top 10 to use a different Tay Stevenson quote.

Logan Mohs: "I love butthole!"

Ashley Hillstrom: "It wasn't bloodlust or anything..."

Kara Richards: "I'M GOING TO RAPE YOU!"

and so on

 
At 11:48 AM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Tom said...

that's quite the stain you had going on the right elbow of that sweatshirt... must have been relaxing in some ink or something.

 
At 3:24 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger bundy said...

i will make good on my promise, maxwell, as long as you kick some freshman and/or sophomore ass

 
At 7:20 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Amelia said...

i kinda wanna punch you in thatb picture.

agood quote, stolen from bill and ted, be excellent to each other

 
At 7:37 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Don't feel bad mia. I kinda want to punch me too.

 
At 10:40 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Tay said...

ashley: can you honestly ever give me too much credit? i think not.

and that quote is not infamous, it is famous. i'll have you know several people like that quote. dana hanson still has a quote from that essay on her facebook.

and what memory would i be in?

 
At 10:53 PM, February 23, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

yeah, that's a pretty typical elementary school max. It's pretty likely you were wearing that exact outfit when Kevin Mortensen ran you over at my birthday party when we went sledding and you went home crying. smug little pansy.

 
At 3:28 PM, February 24, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

No no cam, you've got it all wrong.

I knocked Kevin over. Man that was sweet. But I felt pretty bad about it at the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home