Thursday, March 01, 2007

So Many Tears

Heise came on the all-call at about 2:55 today to let us know, in a roundabout, self-satisfied kind of way, that we will not be having school tommorow. I am not happy about that, and I have a feeling I am pretty much alone in that anger, which makes it better because I can be really self-righteous about it. Oh, why must our school officials constantly bend to the demands of overprotective, coddling parents at the expense of our education?

But seriously folks, I am a little peeved about the cancellation. To explain why, I'll need to give a little background info:
I have this thing where whenever I have a day off of school, I feel like I should be doing something the night before. Unfortunately, I don't have Sam Walker's gift for completely disregarding social expectations; I think to myself "I'm an average teen. Shouldn't I be out enjoying myself instead of stewing at home with my dogs and my parents? That's more of a LOSER thing to do, isn't it?" The real loser thing to do, of course, is to let the expectations of others impact your self-image, but that's for another time. The important thing to realize here is that I usually make an effort to have at least a cursory plan for Friday and/or Saturday night.

Before the accursed snow announcement, this weekend was looking better than usual. I had the Germanklub Overnighter all night Friday, and the Laser Marathon on Saturday. Mr. Pritschet made it clear that in the event of no school Friday, the Overnighter would be "delayed" (translation: completely and permanently cancelled). So now, with school called off, I not only lose my Friday night plans, but I gain another non-school night (tonight) to feel loser-ish about. Fuck.

The bright side of life:
1. The Laser Marathon is still on (although unless if I'm mistaken a certain mr. matt capelle will be unable to attend, seeing as he'll be dancing a few hundred miles away at the time).
2. Chinese food for dinner tonight, payed for by my momma on the condition that I tromp through the snow to pick it up, which I am of course more than happy to do.
3. A couple of snowed in days might do me good. I can finish up my editorial for Lang (topic: the state of hip-hop today), practice my band music (Jazz and Honors [I'm principle baritone this year; uh-0h]), and build some snowmen.
4. Andrew Kubas, fresh onto the facebook scene, finally got around to posting some pictures today. Among them was this little gem, composed and shot by yours truly.I think I like Tom Day's pose the most.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, March 02, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

Enjoy that laser show tomorrow.

I'm bummed that school's cancelled, just because I've missed 3/5 of this week now. I hate missing school.

 
At 10:45 AM, March 02, 2007, Blogger swalker said...

Was it not you who was giving me a hard time for not being excited enough about the cancellation of school yesterday?

 
At 12:03 PM, March 02, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

wow you guys are nerds

 
At 7:03 PM, March 03, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

I can't remember. I'd guess that I didn't harangue you about it, but I really am not sure.

 
At 7:05 PM, March 03, 2007, Blogger Kelsi said...

Then again, I didn't know school was cancelled until after I got home at 4:30...so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home