Thursday, October 18, 2007

Taking the High Road

It has come to my attention, in a somewhat roundabout way, that my contributions to the Mustache blog have been unappreciated by a faction of the Mustache Nation, in fact quite the opposite of appreciated, and that if I don't leave, the consequences for this blog would be dire.

Some would say that I've done a nice little part to keep this thing afloat. And I appreciate you all. But I would rather not be the one to torpedo-bomb the damn thing and sink it by remaining. I must be content to watch from the sidelines. Rather I'll let it trudge along as it always had until it springs a leak and slowly sinks into oblivion.

I thought I wanted to be a part of a wonderful organization, but that organization isn't what it once was. I wanted to be a part of the glory days of the Mustaches. But really, those days are long gone and the purpose of this blog has shifted. The energy, the zeal, the wit of it, and the glue that held it together has been burned by the fury of a few. The fact of the matter is that though I may know most of the mustaches and would like to keep in touch with them, I only have a true friendship with one of them. The Manly Mustaches just aren't what they were, and what they have become is something I no longer want to be a part of.

Some have suggested that I begin my own blog. That's not going to happen. So if any of you do want updates from the place of your roots, you ought to know where to find me.

So, this is it, my farewell to the blog.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, October 19, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I think this blog is on its lasts breathes, we are two contributors down and only one of them we have left posts more than once a month. It was fun while it lasted.

Ps Josh is NOT a member of the Mustache Nation and I don't think any true member of The Nation would want you to leave. Back in "the glory days" of the blog controversies like this occurred weekly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home