Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Blog Of Many Persons

Five items today. In the future, I will try to have more on-topic posts, more times per week. No promises.

1. Today I purchased 5 postcards for $1.40. I'd been on the lookout for a less expensive means of keeping my friends "posted" (ha! ha!) about goings on around the big NU, and I think these could be the answer. Plus, they're blank except for the postage so I can print out custom designs on 'em to give 'em that personal touch that so much correspondence lacks these days.

Possible designs:
-Me giving a thumbs up.
-Bikini Babes
-Bikini Babes giving a thumbs up
-Solid black (for maximum ink-wastage)
-Manly, the Manly Mustache
-More writing (silly, I know)

When I think of postcards, I think of Brokeback Mountain, where Heath Ledger (man, that's a great name) gets the letter from Jack and replies with a postcard that just says "You Bet" on it.

2. Over the past few days I've been burning through the database over at Achewood, a comic strip on the Internet about some animals. It's now my all-time favorite webcomic. I highly encourage you to check it out.

Josh Mattson, I once made fun of you for wanting to spend $150 on the complete Achewood collection in several fine bound volumes. I still think it's a ridiculous price, but I think I understand where you're coming from now.


3. So I looked through some Manly Mustaches Blog archives earlier today (because I just have too much time and needed some way to waste it) and found that all the old posts, created long before beta blogger came around and tacked on these "labels" for each post, have been automatically assigned two labels: "billions and billions" and "bread." I am going to go ahead and assume that this is for alphabetical reasons. Coincidentally, these labels describe the content of the posts pretty well.

Memories from the archives: the word "troffle" and Chacarron.


4. Tommy update: as a reminder, Tommy is the bleach blond piece of shit in my seminar who likes to talk about "paradigms" and "dichotomy." Today he wore a shirt that said "The Name's Duge, Duge Hick." Also, he wrote a note to a bro that said simply "Tequila and skinny dipping."

Maybe he'll get hit by a train one of these days.

5. I want to dress up for Halloween, but the problem of a costume is probably going to fall by the wayside. Like every kid in North America, I wish I had the dough/gumption/technical know-how to buy/build myself a Daft Punk robot helmet for Halloween. Tragically, I don't have $14,000 (or is it $65,000? Does it really make a difference?) and a year to burn. I actually did buy a motorcycle helmet at a garage sale this summer, so constructing such a helmet (or a crude facsimile of such a helmet) could be a fun project. But for this year, things are looking doubtful.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, October 16, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

man what the hell is the problem with the blank space above the text at the top of the page.

Somebody get all up in the html and fix that shit please.

 
At 11:10 AM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

I will Max, if you let a girl on the mustache blog, I would be honored.

don't you ever wonder what we think on the other side?

 
At 12:25 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

i'm going to be an adorable skeleton

 
At 12:26 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

oh yeah max the trans-continental correspondence flow is going much faster east than west if you get my drift. do you need me to send you some fucking stamps?

 
At 8:21 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

What the hell josh I sent you a letter like 1.5 weeks ago. I put it in the mail the day after I got your 2nd message.

The mail system in Chicago is terrible. Shit takes a while.

Sorry Koreann, no girls are allowed on the mustache blog. We have rules.

 
At 8:26 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

where are my FUCKING letters at then

 
At 8:48 PM, October 17, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

In the mail man. Take a chill pill.

If you wanted this to be efficient we'd be sending emails.

 
At 12:59 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

That's an absurd rule, you let Bock on.

 
At 3:05 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I think we could let Koreann on the blog, she was an avid supporter of the Manly Mustaches(she bought a shirt). Plus we need all the contributers we can get; me, tom, tirth and bundy only post about once a week combined.

 
At 3:20 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

also it appears Mr. Kubas has left the blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home