Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Brooding Pharaoh

I rolled my anlke like a mo-fo yesterday. Stanek made it all better, but it's still sprained, swollen, and tender to the touch. My lack of crutches, a wheelchair, or even a simple diamond-headed cane has made moving around a real bitch, to say the least. I've already had to cancel two social activities this evening. Damn my easily separable ligaments! Or whatever a sprain is...

Struck down in my prime, all thanks to my unwavering devotion to Warrior Tennis. No, Flying B! Go on without me!

But the Flying B would never desert an athlete in need. It's not the Warrior Way.

I missed the Lit study session, but I have the excellent double excuse that I have a sprained ankle AND the fact that my dog was giving birth at the time. Two girls, two boys. Janet, Dan, Eddie, and Flo. At least that's what the rents want to call them. Don't worry, I'll get some pics up soon.

Also, everybody visit Pizza and Mandolins, the bridge between Mustaches and Italians! I'll link it directly.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

you received the love of stanek? after all these years, you have surpassed my greatness. and i even got a date from her!

perhaps i will have to stage a dramatic blackout...one that can only be remedied (spelling?) by her giving me mouth-to-mouth. ahhh yes, i'm clever.

 
At 8:04 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger keuber said...

max! why is everything in italian?

 
At 9:38 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Max you just got to lace up the Tennies and keep on going.

 
At 9:53 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

those names make me what to puke. A first I thought it was a rocky horror theme, then i realized no, it's not janet and dan, it's janet and brad.
I'll ameliorate, don't worry (can you tell that's my word of the day?)

 
At 11:15 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

please make it better.

 
At 11:16 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

GIVE ME NAMES OKAY?

 
At 11:46 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I sprained my ankle in Warrior Tennis as a sophomore. Only good things have happened since then...

Max, didn't Thompson tell you he didn't want anyone to take unnecessary risks? I now understand what the hell Rezac was talking about, what with you and your martyr complex.

 
At 3:36 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger fayna said...

YOU'RE BIG! It's beautiful waking up seeing that my visitor counter has the USA flag!
continue to visit both fayna and pizzaemandolino (please register yourselves - for who hasn't done it yet).
GRAZIE!
Soon we'll send you the video censored in the web

 
At 11:24 AM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

Amelia drank a lot of dank beer last night and had a conversation about good dog names. then it ended in a foosball tournament and that became her sole purpose for the night. DAMN
how bout crow t dog? buggin' out? (from do the right thing) kip? (good lines) marley? janet/brad/franknefurter? paul/babe for one couple? FLO IS GOOD.keep that name. frodo/biblo/gandolph

anything but janet and dan.

PS I like the vonnegut idea for the final piece.

 
At 8:39 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

ameliorate was one of our lit words last week. Ah! I can't escape that class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home