Thursday, September 07, 2006

Dispatch From The Front Lines

Day Two in the field: Morale improves somewhat. Learning of the Hun's language continues to be a bit of a bitch.

I'm considering dropping AP physics for regular physics or AP psych. This class seems like tons of work and stress that I don't want or need. I don't plan to pursue physics as a career and it fails to excite me. Mr. Gilbertson doesn't strike me as the kind of teacher I need to keep me interested in science (involved, motivated, approachable, eager to help). But hell, I've only known him for two days. Dissuade me.

I hate to say it, but calc is my favorite class right now. I can handle Blong's teaching style, no homework, and class tends to be a barrel of laughs.

I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy Lang. I enjoy in-class essays and AP multiple choice tends to be my thing. Niemi is no Hewitt, but I'll give her a chance.

Man, thank goodness for this blog. It's nice so nice to have a place to unload all of my thoughts for the day so I can move on. It's like having a therapist, I guess, but way cheaper and more fun. Only way this blog could be more fun: if Sam Walker would get the fuck out. Sam, go join WTITYB or start your own watch based blog or just disappear altogether. I think the relationship between the mustache blog and yourself has reached the end of it's productive era.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Kara said...

Pre-Calc was okay with Blong, but Calc is considerably better. He can be relatively jerky if he just gets too apathetic, but since he just doesn't care the class can be a blast too.

AP Physics... Hmm... I took it last year without any experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it (even if I was completely lost most of the time). Gilby's an interesting guy, but I can understand and respect the decision to drop. It's a tough class.

 
At 10:08 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger swalker said...

Fuck You.

 
At 10:11 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Jason said...

I guess I had regular physics to preclude AP, but seriously, Gilby was my favorite teacher. The only reason I chose Pritschett as my nominee for Honorary Teacher or whatever for Presidential Scholars is because I felt I could trust him more to do a bang-up job on my reference letter; Gilby is just way too laid back.

 
At 10:14 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger jobble said...

its really pretty simple

stay in physics= hardworker/actually cares about learning

switch to psych= lazy bum/mattsony (sp?)

 
At 11:33 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger hannah said...

"Niemi is no Hewitt, but I'll give her a chance."

I seriously just died inside.

 
At 10:40 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger J0hn said...

Actually "You" shouldn't be capitalized.

 
At 6:11 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger Hillstorm said...

I won't lie, psych is a pretty sweet subject. Peterson isn't as bad as I thought he would be. He seems overly enthusiastic about teaching it, which is something I wasn't expecting to come from him.

Not like ap physics doesn't seem like a great class though...

 
At 11:53 PM, September 09, 2006, Blogger bundy said...

dude, ap physics is raping the shit out of me, fyi. i'm trying really damn hard, but how the hell am i supposed to have 20 formulas at my disposal at one time and be able to answer one question in less than 10 minutes.....one more week and i may drop along with you if you decide to, max. if you drop, then i'm screwed because i refuse to ask any of those other people for help. if only mr. wallace wouldn't have booted me out of advanced science in 6th grade, then i could have taken regular physics last year. that son of a biznitch.

 
At 11:28 AM, September 10, 2006, Blogger LogGamer said...

I can see why you would drop it. Gilby is amazing (or so I feel), but without taking regular physics that class can royally ass-rape you. If you're having trouble with the Newtonian Mechanics, I'd say drop it, it only gets harder once you get into fluids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home