Monday, June 04, 2007

Be True To Your School

Quick Hits:

1. Poppy (the pug) is in heat and we plan to breed her later this week. Ideally, this will lead to some puppies in early August. Josh asked me if I could name the fattest puglet Pork Chop. I think I can swing that. Other puppy names?

2. I am scheduled for precisely zero hours of work this next week. This may prove problematic. I guess I'll try to make the best of a bad situation and spend some time driving around aimlessly, listening to the Beach Boys.

3. I'm actually kind of looking forward to my grad party. It should be fun to see family friends and relatives, and I think I can handle smiling, gladhanding, and answering the same 6 questions for 3 hours. I wish I could say the same for Sam Walker.

4. I'm posting this on a brief break from the Great Pre-Grad Party Cleaning of Ought-Seven. I've been washing windows and mini-blinds for the better part of 4 hours now. I'd be getting it done quicker, but these damn pugs are weighing me down.

Seriously, I wonder if the Chinese developed the pug as an economic weapon. It's so elegant: they export the pugs to their competitors, who experience precipitous drops in productivity when their populace turns its attentions away from work and towards their pugs. And who's there to step in to fill to pug-induced shortfall? That's right, those pug-developing Chinese.

Really, this could be a national security concern. If we're devoting all of our time and resources to caring for pugs, how can we properly prepare to defend ourselves? By importing more and more pugs, I fear we've moved from A to B on our guns vs. pugs production possibilities curve.

Man, this should be a T-shirt. Pug-loving peace enthusiasts would be all about it.

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, June 04, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

Barnett would be proud of this thorough analysis

 
At 12:07 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

can I be a part of the blog?

 
At 12:08 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

or maybe i should say,
Can I be a part of this esteemed and venerable blog,please?

 
At 12:54 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger keuber said...

who is panzerv?

 
At 10:22 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

ohhhhhhh i had a dream last night that i got to play with a black pug puppy and it was so frickin cute and bit my hand a lot but i didn't care because it looked like otto.
also, Spartacus, please. and Caesar.

 
At 10:57 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger PBear said...

The Chinese Pug Plan wouldn't work. Heartless entrepreneurs (me) would intercept the boats full of pugs and use the pugs to make pug coats. Based on my research, there is currently unsatisfied demand in the U.S. for pug coats.

 
At 11:36 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger hannah said...

Bustopher Jones
Old Deuteronomy
Rum Tum Tugger
Mr. Mistoffelees
Teddy Ruxpin

 
At 11:40 AM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

Kubas, its me Tirth

 
At 4:17 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Koreann said...

I do believe countries have well suited to label living things.
Capitols could work just as well really.
China-ann. With the hyphen.
Oh yes.
But really, name one Ulan Bator -Ulan Bator the Dominator.

 
At 4:21 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

I dunno tirth...all the contributors to this blog were part of the original Manly Mustaches basketball team. That kind of bond is hard to break.

On the other hand, probably.

 
At 4:41 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

which hand are you ready to rely on?
if the other one, email me the details on tirthkpatel@gmail.com
To bolster my case, might I add that I have the required credentials namely, an above-par mustache.
And remember this: I shall be forever in debt to you for making me a part of this reputed establishment

 
At 10:45 PM, June 05, 2007, Blogger Maya Kuehn said...

i do like Mephisto, but potential buyers may not.

oooh how about philosophers as a theme:
goethe
sartre
immanuel (kant)
camus
socrates
bacon

 
At 12:03 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

bacon and pork chop

 
At 8:06 AM, June 06, 2007, Blogger hannah said...

maya, come on. how could you forget VOLTAIRE?

 
At 4:31 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

maya's suggestion today:

Optimus Prime

 
At 4:33 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

tirth, I'm happy to let you on the blog, provided you meet two conditions:

1. You grow out your mustache and post a picture

2. The other contributors agree. I think they will, but we should have a vote. It's their blog too, after all.

 
At 5:26 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

http://therc.freeforums.org/

 
At 5:26 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Josh said...

hey tirth welcome to superblog by the way

 
At 5:49 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

thank you josh for sending me that invite

 
At 5:52 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

max, i agree to the first condition.
now when is this very important vote going to take place?

 
At 7:30 PM, June 06, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

As soon as they get their sorry asses back on the blog.


Which could take a loooooong time.

Serioulsy though, I guess I'll tell 'em at my grad party. You comin'?

 
At 12:28 PM, June 07, 2007, Blogger Comrade_Bazarov said...

i am coming to your grad party.
but cant you just use the wonderful powers of emails to convene the grand council for an online vote?

 
At 10:19 PM, June 07, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

Nah they're too lazy.

I'll see if I can add you.


Tom Day might have to do it. Due to a thrilling technological snafu, he's the head blogmeister around here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home