Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I have the proud distinction...

While Maxwell Kuehn is busy recounting his novel (and I am sure quite enchanting) experiences with ill-located dorms, and while Justin Bock is so efficiently (and if I may add, so eagerly) handling the "High School Department", I feel compelled to write something about entertainment.

Yes, it may sound stale, but while all of you folks were talking about college, another stellar phenomenon came and went away virtually unnoticed.Were it not for my prodigious observational skills, this venerable blog would be left without the potential benefits of discussing this magnificent phenomenon.

I am, of course, talking about the third and final installment in the ambitious Bourne series, The Bourne Ultimatum.


A frantic Bourne on one of his routine globe-trotting operations

Never mind that there were only three people besides me in the theater when I went for the movie today.Never mind that the movie is not an ounce (or perhaps I should say a gram?) closer to the book from which it was supposed to be derived from.Never mind that the great Jason Bourne suffers not so much as a scratch even as his stolen Police cruiser is smashed to pulp.It's all guns n glory.It's action, nonstop.

And it's not only the action.Even in the midst of chasing hired gunmen in packed streets of Morocco, Russia, Spain and New York, Jason Bourne has enough time on his hands to be a hardcore wisecrack.

Sample this phone conversation between Bourne and the CIA Deputy Director, his arch nemesis:

Nemesis:Let's meet somewhere [Or something mundane of that sort]

Bourne:[In a steely tone] Where are you right now?

Nemesis:[Quite smugly]In my office

Bourne:[Jeering]I doubt it

Nemesis:Why would you doubt it?

Bourne:Because if you were, we would be having this conversation face-to-face...

[Proceeds to replace a telephone on Nemesis' desk with a grim smile]
[Meanwhile, Nemesis says something mundane like "Abort.Get back to the office.He is in my office."]

It's official.Bourne is the new Bond.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, September 20, 2007, Blogger constant_k said...

I saw this movie. It was pretty good.

 
At 11:17 AM, September 21, 2007, Blogger Sara Ann said...

Jason Bourne is the lovechild of James Bond and Trinity from the matrix.

 
At 1:26 PM, September 21, 2007, Blogger sherlock said...

I've stopped leaving windows open for fear of Jason Bourne leaping through them. Though I suppose he'd just break it anyway...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home