Monday, October 08, 2007

Score One for Liquor and Poor Judgement

For all of you who don't know, last week was homecoming. Yep.
Friday's pep fest was the peppiest fest I've ever pepped at one of Brainerd High's fests. John Ward was in attendance. He started speaking and was all like "Homecoming is about getting crazy, but now that I'm a representative down at the state, I can't do any of that any more." And then he walked away. After a short while, he turned back and was all like, "just kidding!" Then he ripped off his coat, tie and shirt and put on some stars and stripes shorts and a pimpin hat, and started dancing around and leading cheers. It was awesome. Then there was the downside of the pep fest. Some people from the band, which I will no longer be associated with second semester, decided to begin a chant. It goes as follows:
"BAND IS HARDCORE! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) (repeat)"
I sat down against the wall, buried my head in my hands and began thinking "I'M EMBARRASSED! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap) (repeat)"
Saturday, was long, to say the least. I got up at about 6, went to Alex, ran a 5k, went to the game at Brainerd, which we won (56-6), went home, ate, and went to the dance. It started out slow, but eventually got hot, both literally and figuratively. With all of the bumping and grinding and doing the worm, and the extreme heat, pretty much everyone was sweating through their clothes.

I slept much of sunday afternoon.
why am I so tired all the time lately?
I can't wait to be done with cross-country.

Another show very much worth watching: Big Bang Theory. It's humor is like pi, endless and irrational. It's a far shot from the ordinary, but is among the extraordinary.

And here it is, your quote of the day:
in the locker room
Trevor: "I kinda feel like watching a Harry Potter movie."
Paul (really excited): "Really!? Wanna come over and watch one!? I own them all. We can have a sleepover."

Cheerio!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, October 09, 2007, Blogger Sara Ann said...

But Band IS hardcore?!

 
At 10:49 PM, October 09, 2007, Blogger Jason said...

Matt Houle was definitely pushing that chant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home