Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Jungle Love (Oh Eee Oh Eee Oh)

Instead of listening to music, I've just been playing the I Shall Avenge My Father trailer over and over again. Kurt, this thing is a work of art in and of itself. Hopefully we'll finish up shooting for real tommorow and you (or ryan or johnson, but I think you would be most reliable) can start editing it. I'll publish my big rambling apology at some point, or perhaps we can just include a copy with each DVD. Say, could you put up the entire first movie onto Google video?

It's too bad I'm rejecting all other media right now, because I was snooping around for some cassette tapes to play in this rustic old boombox I found in the basement and found a couple of big boxes of my parents' old tapes. The first box was my dad's, and consisted entirely of live
Beatles shows recorded off the radio. Neat, but the highlights were yet to come. My mom's box contained a lot of Van Morrison, and a nice side1/side 2 combo with Houses of the Holy/Ziggy Stardust. But by far the best was this little gem:

Side 1: Morris Day and the Time--What Time Is It?
Side 2: Oh No, It's DEVO!

Killer. I should record those into my computer and have them both run together as one long track on my iPod.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Tay said...

max, who are you playing in that movie? you look like the happy painter guy from pbs.

 
At 11:41 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger sherlock said...

Tay, did you HONESTLY just ask that question?

 
At 11:48 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

It's Jet

 
At 3:24 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Amelia said...

i found a lot of prince tapes while raiding my mom's collection last week. AND a sub dudes tape. not to mention, some live trip shekespeare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home