Monday, November 06, 2006

flu-free is the way to be!

immediately after school today i "took in" my annual flu shot. you may ask, "who...of all people...would give you a flu shot?"

none other than ms. wendy walker.

so, while she was poking me with needles and injecting (hopefully) some good medicine, i thought to myself,

"how could such an evil child come from the womb of this kind-spirited and gentle-hearted woman?"

ahh...the complexities of this life.

in other news: i LITERALLY just got off of the phone with a new friend. her name is cindy. the phone call went as follows:

"hi...is andrew kubas available?" (pronounced koo-BISS----amazing! she got it right!)
me: "yes...that's me."
c: "hi...i'm cindy calling on behalf of the minnesota republican party reminding you to get out and vote tomorrow for tim pawlenty, mark kennedy, paul gazelka, paul koering...." [she went on to list every republican candidate in minnesota]
me: "well thank you for the reminder! i will CERTAINLY do that!"
c: "thanks for your support! i hope you have a WONDERFUL evening!"

oh man. the joys of making new friends!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger m_kummet said...

hey no way! some guy called ME only he was way less enthusiastic.

 
At 9:33 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Rianna said...

Now wait just a gosh darn second here...We asked you how to pronounce your name over a year ago, and you told us you didn't know! I'm soo going back to cub-ass.

 
At 10:18 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Shelty said...

Ah, the joys of unlisted phone numbers!
Hmm, voting... I shall be doing that before school tomorrow. Strangely for me, I won't be choosing many Republicans. Only one got a checkmark when we "voted" in Peteron's class today.

 
At 10:26 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger constant_k said...

More like kubasshunter, amirite?

 
At 11:13 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Rianna said...

Someone called my cell phone to tell me to vote for Democrats. Welcome reminder, but I want to know how the hell they got my cell phone number. Only, like 5 people have it. Counting Kara and Sarah.

 
At 8:38 AM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

the democrats are wiretapping

 
At 7:45 PM, November 07, 2006, Blogger Kelsi said...

Try making friends with an Army Nat'l Guard rep over the phone...then question them unrelentlessly about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". It is amazing how fast they hang up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home